Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
263
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
699

Two Minutes

Summary:

2 minutes in the lives of 2 of my favorite guys.

Work Text:

Derek woke with a start. He blinked but his vision was blurry. The lamp set on low on the nightstand didn’t help. He swallowed but his mouth was dry.

His back hurt from sitting against the headboard for so long. He barely moved so as not to disturb the warm weight against his side. He ran a hand over his bare head and looked at the TV without really seeing it.

“Worst game ever,” he muttered, pointed the remote at it, and turned it off.

He pressed his cheek to the top of Dave’s head, which was resting on his shoulder. He listened to Dave’s even breathing. He inhaled the lingering traces of Dave’s aftershave and smiled.

He reached down for the legal pad sitting on Dave’s lap. He didn’t bother trying to decipher the notes for the next chapter in Dave’s new book and dropped the pad on the nightstand. He took the pen from Dave’s limp fingers and tossed it on top.

He felt his eyes drooping again. He quickly turned the lamp off and eased them both to lying down. He held Dave close and enjoyed Dave’s warm breath against his neck. He closed his eyes without realizing it.

“Who won?” Dave murmured in his sleep.

“The Steelers. You were right. It was no contest.”

Dave’s voice was barely above a whisper. “Remind me to make Reid pay up tomorrow.”

Derek smiled. He ran a lazy hand through Dave’s hair before it rested on Dave’s back. His brain managed a short response before shutting down for the night. “Will do.”