Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
309
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
593

Cat's Paw

Summary:

For a challenge.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: "The Pretender" and its characters don't belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don't sue because I have no money.

Cat's Paw

Cat's Paw- Noun: A person used to serve the purposes of another. A tool.

I am tired of being used for the Centre. I am tired for being used as a tool to do my father's dirty work. When my father told me to kill Lyle I didn't want to do it, but I knew that Daddy would be mad at me. I had no choice when Lyle pulled the gun and I knew that I had to kill him before I got killed. Always trying to make my father proud of me by hunting my childhood friend I knew that he would never be proud of me even if I did bring Jarod back. When I tried to get away from the Centre with my beloved Tommy they killed him. They wanted me to stay at the Centre and I knew that they would never let me leave. I couldn't even leave if I brought Jarod back. Everyday the Centre wears me down doing this and that for my father and the Centre.

I have been honing my inner sense like Sydney had been telling me to. I now can hear my mother's voice and she says that I will be safe. I know now that I can leave and my mother will keep me safe. I start to pack and bring the rabbit that Jarod gave me. I couldn't leave him at the house. I never look back as I drive away knowing that I can cut all ties to the Centre now. I feel bad about leaving Sydney and Broots to fend for themselves, but I knew that I had to leave.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author fojg24aka24.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.