Actions

Work Header

The Burning

Summary:

A man wakes up on a sidewalk in front of a church without any knowledge of what he is doing there and why a group of men are chasing him.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Oooohhhh,God!I really do have a splitting headache!Wait a minute!What am I doing laying on the sidewalk in front of an old church?I'm hearing the sounds of an angry mob coming from inside the church's bell tower but I have no way of knowing what they are angry about!Here come some guys walking out of the front door!Maybe they could help me find out what happened to me!Whoa!What are you guys doing?
Have you gone nuts?Get off of me!I did nothing wrong!Vampire?What are you idiots talking about?

I'm not a vampire!The only vampires that I know are the make believe ones!Bram Stoker?Bela Lugosi?ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!Wait a minute!Who is that guy with the cross on a pole?Is he a priest?Look,Father!Could you please tell these stupid idiots to let go of me?I am not a vampire!I'm just some guy who...who...who just can't remember where I am right now!All I know is that I'm not a vampire and...!What do you mean by 'What about the burning'?

What burning?AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!WHAT THE FREAKING HELL?!MY SKIN IS ON FIRE!WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO TO ME?!EVERY PART OF ME IS ON FIRE!THIS CAN'T BE TRUE!ONLY VAMPIRES COULD BE DESTROYED BY...!AH,DAMMIT!NOW I REMEMBER!YOU GUYS ARE VAMPIRE HUNTERS OUT TO DESTROY ME!YOU HAD ME TRAPPED IN THAT TOWER BEFORE MY ATTEMPT TO TURN YOUR MINDS INTO BLANK PAGES!THAT...THAT MUST BE...WHEN YOU...WHAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!PLEASE,GOD!GET IT TO STOP!IT HURTS!IT REALLY HURTS!I CAN NOT WITHSTAND THIS PAIN ANYMORE!I'M A HUMAN
BEING!DO YOU HEAR ME?!A HUMAN BEEEEAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

THE END!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.