Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
658
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
3
Kudos:
13
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,159

Tony's Bored

Summary:

What kind of mischief does Tony get in to when they have no cases.

Work Text:

Tony's Bored.

'What ya doin'?' Tony asked. peering over McGee's shoulder.

'Nothing that would concern you Tony.' Tim replied, annoyed that the older agent was bugging him again.

They hadn't had a case for 2 days and Tony was quite obviously bored. He'd spent the morning blowing spitwads and flicking rubber bands at the 2 younger (in age only) members of the team.

For once they were actually getting a proper lunch break and Tim had decided to write down a few ideas for his next book, while he had he chance.

Tony leaned further into McGee's personal space and tried to swipe the paper out from under Tim's pen.

'What's this?' The brunette crowed as he successfully grabbed it, and ran back across the bullpen out of Tim's reach.

'Tony! Give that back. It's private.' The younger agent ordered crossly.

'Ooh, ideas for your next book is it, McWriter. Let's see what you have Tommy and Lisa doing next shall we?' Tony taunted.

Ziva, who had been quietly watching the exchange, smiled at McGee before turning to the senior field agent.

'Tony, why do you have to be so juvenile?' she asked, exasperated by his behaviour. Sometimes it was very much like having a child on the team.

'Well Ziva, I didn't hear you complaining before, when you were on my side.' Tony replied snippily (a/n not sure that's a word but it is now).

Ziva sighed and rolled her eyes.

'Just give it back to McGee and leave him alone. Lunch break is almost over and Gibbs will be returning with his coffee.'

Tony just ignored them and carried on reading, snickering every now and then.

'Hey!, I'm sure that happened just last week, McOriginal. You really need to get some of your own ideas you know.'

Ziva looked over at McGee, noticing his face becoming red. At first she thought it was embarrassment, but when he slapped his hands on the desk and shot out of his chair, it was obvious he was extremely angry.

Storming across the bullpen he got right in Tony's face.

'You know what DiNozzo?' he hissed

'I couldn't care less what you think. When you write a successful book, maybe you'll be in a position to critique mine. Until then, shut the hell up and keep out of my stuff!'

He snatched the paper back from Tony, who was completely speechless and seemed to be in shock, and stomped back to his own desk.

Ziva sat with a slightly bemused expression. She was just opening her mouth to comment, when Gibbs came striding into the bullpen, smacking Tony's head as he passed.

'DiNozzo, keep your nose out of other peoples business. If McGee wants to use us for inspiration, let him.'

'But Boss...' Tony whined

Gibbs turned to glare at his senior field agent.

'Yes Boss..' Tony mumbled as he sank back into his chair, like a chastised child.

Gibbs turned towards McGee, noticing Tony's expression brighten, waiting for the junior agent to get head slapped.

'McGee, good job. I knew you'd grow a backbone eventually.' he said.

Tony's smile rapidly vanished as his jaw dropped in surprise.

Gibbs leaned in closer to Tim and whispered

'But keep it out of the office. You still have to work together.'

'Yes Boss, thank you.' McGee blushed.

Just then Gibbs phone rang.

'Yeah, Gibbs.' he barked, as his team sat up, watching their leader expectantly, like a group of eager puppies.

Slapping the receiver down, he grabbed his badge, gun and coffee.

'Gear up. Dead petty officer.'

'DiNozzo, gas the truck, and it's your job to keep it clean this week too.' Gibbs ordered.

McGee and Ziva looked at each other smirking, as Tony looked shocked, knowing it was his punishment.

'Yes Boss.' he grumbled, grabbing the keys and storming towards the elevator, muttering to himself about stupid McNovelists.

End

Thank you for reading. please review. cookies for those that do :)