Actions

Work Header

The One Table

Summary:

A guy having dinner at a restaurant discovers Holly Hallstrom sitting all alone and with a sad face which is a result of Bob Barker firing her from The Price Is Right because she had refused to call Dian Parkinson a liar.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Whenever I go to the same restaurant that she also goes to with some friends for dinner,I would sit at the one table which allows me to be hidden from the eyes of the most beautiful woman within the entire history of any game show on Earth...including The Price Is Right.But the last time I had seen Holly Hallstrom,she was smiling,laughing and having such a wonderful time.That was before the show's host Bob Barker had fired poor Holly from the show after she had refused to say that another one of 'Barker's Beauties' named Dian Parkinson was lying about the sexual harassment that she was suing him for.

After that,Holly has no choice but to sit at the table that she had once shared with some friends and the look on her face that was saying,"Could someone please loan me a gun with a single bullet in it?I want to shoot myself dead now!"And if you were to ask me,it was that look of pure sadness on Holly's face that had made me realize that one really is--as Harry Nilsson had sung in the 1968 single--the loneliest number.

And since I was also unable to see her be sad forever,I had asked the head waiter to place a special flower in front of Holly known as a red rose and say that it had came from someone who wishes to remain anonymous.And when she had noticed how beautiful the rose was and figured that it had not came from Barker himself,Holly had finally allowed to smile and say,"I wish I know who had sent you to me.I really want to thank him.",before I had quietly said,"You're welcome,Holly."

THE END!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.