Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,319
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
890

Hand of Doom

Summary:

Son-fic for hand of doom. No fandom.

Work Text:

Hand of Doom

What you gonna do? Time's caught up with you

I wandered into Danny�s place jittering. It had been nearly a day since my last fix and I was dying for another.

Now you wait your turn, you know there's no return

As always there was 10 or more people here, and only 3 needles, so I�d have to wait. I began to shake slightly watching the others achieving the pure ecstasy that was Heroin.

�Have I become so dependant that I can�t last a day without this?� I wondered briefly before a needle was passed to me, a dose already ready to go.

Take your written rules, you join the other fools

I shrugged remembering Danny�s words. If you think you can quit you can. It�ll be shitty but you can do it any time.

Turn to something new, now it's killing you

My sister�s nagging voice filled my head as I prepared my arm.

�Just look at yourself! You�re falling apart! This addiction�s going to kill you! Please-� I had walked out then, her nosiness annoying me.

First it was the bomb, Vietnam napalm

I mentally thanked the Vietnam vets for helping to bring this escape, this liquid paradise, to America.

Disillusioning, you push the needle in

I pushed the needle in, injected the drug straight into my system. Relief flooded me and I laid down on the floor contently, passing the syringe to the next person.

From life you escape, reality's that way

I pondered briefly why life was always so shitty nearly everyone needed an escape. I passed it off as just how things were.

Colours in your mind satisfy your time

I closed my eyes remembering all the good times. I could almost see the lights of a Ferris wheel and the rest of the fair. The feelings soon wore off however and I sighed before making my way back home. I had to sneak in in order to avoid waking my family due the late hour. I slept peacefully that night but made the mistake of wandering downstairs still half asleep in search of breakfast.

Oh you, you know you must be blind to do something like this

My sister took one look at my eyes that I was sure were bloodshot and began screaming.

�Why do you continue to use drugs so much? You must be blind not to see what it�s doing to you!� she ranted. I rolled my eyes.

To take the sleep that you don't know, you're giving Death a kiss,

�Do you even know what could happen?! Do you even care that you could die!?�

I sighed loudly feeling the pull to Danny�s house seize me once again.

Oh, little fool now

I walked out barely hearing her call of �Fool!�

Your mind is full of pleasure

I didn�t have to wait for the needle this time since I was the second to show up, the first being Jerold who we all thought would have been arrested my now. I injected the substance into my veins again and let the pleasure take me away.

Your body's looking ill

As the sun shone through a window on me I caught a look at myself in the mirror. I looked thin, almost sickly so but soon forgot as someone called to me.

To you it's shallow leisure

It was Jerold who smiled at me injecting himself casually and paused a moment before handing me something.

So drop the acid pill, don't stop to think now

It was a pill of some sort I didn�t bother identifying it before I popped it.

�Acid.� I realized as the room swirled around me.

You're having a good time baby

I laughed as a male pixie began a strip tease, and got comfortable.

But that won't last

Before I knew it I was waking up aching all over, still on Danny�s living room floor.

Your mind's all full of things

My head began to spin as I got up and made my way to the front door. One of the regulars here stopped me and slipped me a bit of paper.

�I�m having a party tonight. The address is on the paper. You should come, you seem pretty chill.� he said. I looked down to see that the party would be fairly close to my house so I nodded thanking him before I left.

You're living too fast

My sister didn�t yell at me this time and my mother sat at the table next to her. I only just heard them say something along the lines of growing up to fast or something. I didn�t care, I just wanted some food and entertainment till it was time for the party. I decided to watch tv and I went out again muttering some half assed excuse to my mom she just nodded and let me go.

go out enjoy yourself

As soon as I arrived at the party I was assaulted by the guy from earlier offering me drink after drink. I accepted them all as well as the sort of drinking contest he�d more or less began.

Don't bottle it in

I lost after who knows how many shots and threw up on a potted plant too cun-toxed to care.

You need someone to help you to stick the needle in, yeah

When I made my way upstairs finally I couldn�t keep my hands steady so some stranger helped me inject.

Now you know the scene, your skin starts turning green

This lifestyle continued for about a month, having increased my doses as time wore on. I considered myself jaded to everything and somewhat an expert. The only drawback was that I�d gotten a sort of Jaundiced like Jerold and Danny were. I wrote it off as just a side effect.

Your eyes no longer seeing life's reality

My sisters warnings had come more frequently though after she�d noticed. I just told her what Danny had told me, I can stop any time I want. I knew I could.

Push the needle in, face death's sickly grin

I arrived at Danny�s house unusually early that day, not even Jerold was there yet. As a result, the needles were all full. It was beautiful to see them there and on a whim I injected the contents of an entire syringe.

Holes are in your skin, caused by deadly pin

I held my arm in front of my face, admiring the various holes from previous injections and thought to myself that this one looked especially wonderful.

Head starts spinning 'round, you fall down to the ground

My arm began to get heavy soon and I dropped it to my side. It made me dizzy and of its own volition my frame collapsed onto the floor.

Feel your body heave, Death's hands starts to weave

I began to panic as breathing became difficult. I barely noticed Danny hovering over me through my convulsions.

It's too late to turn, you don't want to learn

I realized then it was too late for me. I hadn�t gotten out when I should�ve, and I saw the falsehood of Danny�s words then for the first time.

Price of life you cry, now you're gonna die!

�What�s happening?� I could here Jerold cry as he entered.

�It�s the price of life!� I managed to get out, trying to justify what was happening. To justify the way I lived. I took one last breath before the darkness consumed me forever. Leaving only a few druggies and a family that would assume I ran away as proof I�d ever existed in the first place.