Actions

Work Header

You Have Been Chosen

Summary:

This is a transcript of a special edition of Metropolis Tonight on which Lana Lang's guest happens to be Earth's own Green Lantern,Hal Jordon.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Welcome back to a special edition of Metropolis Tonight.I am your host Lana Lang.And I am still sitting next to Hal Jordon,the one man who is also our galaxy's greatest superhero.Tell me,Hal.How does it feel to be Earth's very own Green Lantern?

Well,Lana.To tell the truth,it had became both a blessing and curse for me.

Oh,I see.You're saying that because you have been chosen by a dying alien whose name was Abin Sur to take over his role as the Green Lantern of space sector 2814.

And that had caused a big rift to form between both me and Carol that was so bad that I had to make a choice.Either her or the calling of the Green Lantern Corps.

Let me guess.You had quit being Ferris Aircraft's test pilot and broken poor Carol's heart because you just couldn't resist the thrill of putting on that ring and saving the universe from evil.Am I right?

I'm telling you right now,Lana.If I could possibly use this ring to go back in time and drag myself out of that module before it gets taken to that wreckage in the Sierra Mandre mountain range,I would do that and have my life returned to normal.

But the Guardians of the Universe on the planet Oa would really frown on that idea,right?

You better believe it,Lana.

Well,Hal.What could I say?There are sometimes when you just can't win.Well,that's all the time we have for tonight.Thank you so much for joining us,Hal.

You're welcome,Lana.It was a pleasure being here with you as well.

And I hope that you and Carol finally patch things up and get back together,too.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.