Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
301
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
940

I'll Be Out Of Chicago

Summary:

While Maggie packs up her stuff from her locker,John goes into the lounge to apologize for what had caused her to leave County General Hospital.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

It was while a beautiful doctor named Maggie Doyle was packing some things in the lounge of County General Hospital that a fellow doctor whose name happens to be John Carter had stepped into the room and said,"I just came in to have some coffee.Look,Maggie.I really am sorry about how much of a bad time that Doctor Romano had given you."That had made Maggie turn around and say,"It's okay,John.You don't have to worry about me.I had just suddenly realized that I need to have something new done in my life instead of staying here and be a target for male chauvinistic pigs like Robert Romano!"

"Well,Maggie.If you were to ask me,It's either you do what you want to...or die unhappy.And if that's not the truth,then I don't know what is.So,where are you planning on going to?",that was what John had asked Maggie after he had sat down with his cup of coffee and before she had rolled her eyes and said,"Maybe I'll move myself to New York.Maybe not.Whatever I decide,I'll be out of Chicago because I had too many bad things happen to me around here."

That had made an understanding John place a gentle hand on Maggie's arm,smiled and said,"Well,whereever you decide to move yourself to,I just want you to know that there will be a lot of people who are going to miss you...and I happen to be one of them.",which had made a smiling Maggie give John a big friendly hug and say,"Thanks,John.I'm going to miss you,too.",before he had carried her box of stuff outside and to her car and waved 'goodbye'.

THE END!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.