Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
454
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
27
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,193

comment fic response - vacation time

Summary:

NCIS, Vance and Tony, "So why do you want the same time off as Special Agent Gibbs?"

Work Text:

Tony glanced at the clock again and bit back an aggravated sigh. Jethro already had the approval of his time off in his hand -- signed by the director. His own -- seemed to be missing in action.

And now Gibbs had been called to the directors office. It was late in the afternoon and didn't bode well for them getting the ten days off they had both asked for.

Tony looked up as Gibbs pounded down the stairs. "DiNozzo! Vance wants to see you," he growled.

Tony gulped. That didn't sound good -- not when the only thing he wanted to do was get on the road. Risking a glance at McGee, he saw the younger man openly gaping, snapping his mouth shut only when he noticed Tony glaring at him.

"Getting called to the carpet, Tony?" Ziva asked with a smirk on her face.

"It's on the carpet, Ziva, and no -- I don't think I'm getting called on the carpet." He rolled his eyes and took the stairs two at a time.

Tony took the time to take a deep breath and straighten his tie before knocking on Vance's door. The gruff "come in!" didn't do anything to quell his case of nerves.

"You wanted to see me, Sir?" Tony asked politely as he stood trying not to fidget in front of Vance's desk.

"You've asked for some time off, DiNozzo."

Tony bit back a sigh. Vance wasn't going to give him the same week as Gibbs. Damn. "Yes, Sir."

"Have any plans?"

Tony blinked. "Sir?" He hoped Vance wasn't looking for a 'no' because he sure as hell did have plans.

Vance sighed and leaned forward. "So, DiNozzo, why do you want the same time off as Special Agent Gibbs?"

Tony bit back a grin, imagining the look on the director's face if he told him the truth. Instead, he shrugged. "It's boring as hell around here with no team lead -- sir. I thought I could take the same time and avoid pouring through cold case files. I hope it's not an issue --"

Tony deliberately trailed off, intimating without saying that he damn well did have plans -- plans that wouldn't be easy to cancel.

Vance started at him for a long moment before sighing dramatically. He picked a pen up from off his desk and signed his name with a flourish before handing Tony's approved vacation request to him.

"Thank you, sir," Tony said with a smile, leaving the office when Vance waved him off. He pulled the door shut quietly and then pumped his fist in the air.

He and Jethro were going sailing -- in the Bahamas -- for a week. Clothing optional on board.