Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
257
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
21
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,199

comment fic response - Don't Call Me Shirley!

Summary:

NCIS, Gibbs/DiNozzo, *surely you can't be serious?* **I am and don't call me Shirley** (Airplane!)

Work Text:

It had been a long damn day -- made longer by someone side swiping them as they were leaving the crime scene. And had he mentioned they were out in the middle of damned-near nowhere? At any minute he expected to hear banjo music playing and that was saying something.

In any case, they were stuck; Tony DiNozzo and Leroy Jethro Gibbs. Stuck. Together. And, apparently they were in hell because --

"Surely, you can't be serious?" Tony growled as he stepped from the cab of the tow truck. The driver had nicely given them a ride to the nearest (and only) motel -- but seriously?

Gibbs straightened his shoulders as he looked at the flickering sign for the Dew Drop Inn. The open sign hung by one corner, swinging in the light evening breeze. He bit back a sigh. "I am," he snapped, "and don't call me Shirley!" As he barked the last word, he started toward the motel's office.

Tony's ears pricked up. "Boss!? That was a movie reference!" He scrambled to catch up to Gibbs, who was striding purposefully toward the seedy looking motel. "I didn't know you had it in you! And Airplane to boot? I'm impressed -- seriously impressed. I mean --"

He fell silent as he stepped into the office behind Gibbs. "Um, Boss?" he squeaked. "Does this remind you of another old movie? Because I'm getting all kinds of Psycho vibes right now." He turned to peer out of the dingy window. "Are you sure this isn't the Bates Motel?"