Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
192
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
21
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,053

comment fic response - that's not what normally happens

Summary:

NCIS, Gibbs/DiNozzo, that's not what normally happens...

Work Text:

Gibbs watched Tony interview the waitress. He was pouring on the charm as always, leaning in, smiling up at her. He watched the blush stain her cheeks and sighed when she shook Tony's hand, signaling the end of the interview. And yes, there it was: she had written what Gibbs presumed was her phone number on a slip of paper and handed it to Tony, who smiled and nodded as he turned away.

Gibbs watched, expecting Tony to read the number on the slip of paper, grin, and tuck it into the right pocket of his suit jacket -- like always. Instead, Tony looked up and caught his eye.

Grinning, Tony headed his way. "I think we've got something, Boss," he said as he got closer. He crumpled the piece of paper and dropped it into a trash can without even breaking stride.

Gibbs was stunned. That's not what normally happened when a pretty girl gave Tony her number. Something has changed with his senior agent. It's not until he sees the look int Tony's eyes -- the one he thought he'd never see -- that he realizes. Something has definitely changed.