Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
308
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
25
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,151

comment fic response - Tony's NCIS Interview

Summary:

NCIS, Gibb/DiNozzo, Tony's initial selection interview - from Gibbs' POV...

Work Text:

He supposed the "interview" had started with the full body tackle DiNozzo had delivered as he was trying to get arrested in Baltimore. He'd heard the kid holler something about wearing tube socks of all things and then he was flying. He had to give it to Tony, but he hadn't given him any time to do much but get one swing in and then he had a gun in his face. Good reflexes. That was one in his favor.

Dicking around in the bullpen down at the station wasn't something Gibbs was fond of, but it was pretty obvious that Tony was well liked by his co-workers and his boss. That was two in his favor.

Once he'd proven that he really was a Fed -- and wasn't that a great "ah ha!" moment on Tony's part? -- he had found that working with DiNozzo was easy to do. Score another one for the kid.

Tony hadn't backed off, even when he'd figured out that his own partner (someone he was obviously quite close with) was involved in money laundering. He had confronted him. He had written his reports. And he had let him walk. Score four. Gibbs understood loyalty.

So when Tony wanted to talk, Jethro had taken the opportunity to invite him to NCIS. He'd given the grand tour. And when his fingers had ghosted through Tony's hair as he slapped the back of his head, he had had to bite back the groan of desire that immediately sprang to his lips. Holy shit. This could be all kinds of dangerous. But, as he was patting Tony's face and staring into his eyes, he realized he couldn't just give him up. He pointed to the door to Human Resources.

Jethro hoped Tony made as good a first impression in there as he had with him.