Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Uncomfortable Gibbs
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2012-01-25
Words:
10,836
Chapters:
9/9
Comments:
10
Kudos:
104
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
11,902

Uncomfortable Gibbs

Summary:

Tony notices that Gibbs is constantly going to the toilet and they discovers the bad news and how Tony's love for Gibbs helps him through everything.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Uncomfortable Gibbs
by Scotslass62

Chapter  1

Tony was noticing the number of times that Gibbs was going into the toilet.  He was thinking that the amount of coffee he was drinking was the cause of the amount of times that Gibbs was going but Tony noticed that when Gibbs came back he looked like he was uncomfortable.  Tony was going to ask him if he was alright when he noticed that Gibbs was giving him one of those looks that told him to be quite.
They had been finishing up the reports on the case of death of Marine First Sargent Brian Murray.  Tony looked over the bullpen and watched McGee typing away and Ziva swearing under her breath as her computer was playing up.  While everyone had their heads down Tony picked up the phone and called Ducky.
"Ducky, I wonder if you can help me. I need some medical advice."
"Come right down."
Tony put the phone down and looked at Gibbs as he got up to go.
"Where are you going?" said Gibbs gruffly.
"Going down to see Ducky as I've got a bad headache," he lied.

Tony walked out of the elevator and into autopsy and Ducky looked towards Palmer and then Tony.
"I'll go up to see Abby!" exclaimed Palmer as he knew by Ducky's demeanour that he wanted some privacy.
"So what is it wanted to ask me?"
"Have you noticed that Gibbs is wincing after going to the toilet? We've not be interment for a while, He's keeps saying that he's tired and he needs rest, but that's not him."
"He's due for his check-up but I've got a suspicion that he might have a problem with his prostate," replied Ducky.
"Don't tell Gibbs that I'm concerned about him as he'll start telling me that it is nothing, thanks Ducky"

Tony exited the elevator and headed to his desk and Gibbs looked up at him suspiciously. "Now that you're back, I want your finished report on my desk within the next hour."
Tony sat down and started on the report.  He knew that he only had to checked the report to make sure that it was up to Gibbs' standard or he would have to do it again which he didn't want do.  He was happy with the report and printed it out then handed it to Gibbs.
"That's the finished report," Tony said with a smile on his face which was soon gone when Gibbs looked up at him and rose from his seat and headed for the toilet for the umpteenth time.
"He's been going to the toilet often; maybe you should tell him that he needs to drink less coffee," replied McGee.
"Why should I tell him, you know he drinks a lot of coffee and you'll never get him to stop?"
Both Tony and McGee watched Gibbs come out of the toilet and noticed him wincing with pain. They both looked at each other in concern.
Gibbs got to his desk when the phone and he lifted it up.
"What is it Duck?"
Tony couldn't hear Ducky's reply but guessed what he wanted.
Gibbs got out of his seat and headed to autopsy in a bad mood.

Gibbs barged into autopsy and Ducky looked straight at him. "Stop there, I just saw tinge with pain as you came in. How long has the pain and urinary problem been going on?"
Gibbs sat up on the table and bowed his head trying to think of what to say.
"Ok, I'm having problems going to the toilet and the uncomfortable afterwards."
"That sounds like a urinary problem. I'll contact someone in the urinary department to see if it's a problem with your prostrate."
"Prostate, Duck?"
"Yes. I know that your mother died of Breast Cancer there is a high probability that it is cancer although it could just be an enlarged prostrate."
Gibbs walked out of autopsy with no idea where he was going to tell Tony when he got back to the bullpen.

Down in autopsy Ducky phoned a friend at the Urology Department to set up an appointment for Gibbs then headed for the elevator up to see the director. Jimmy Palmer walked out of the elevator and wondered where Ducky was going.

A knock on the door of the director's office was answered with a come in.
"Dr Mallard, what can I do for you?" replied Leon Vance.
"Gibbs needs to be put on sick leave indefinitely. He has a urinary problem which maybe serious and with his family history I have asked a consultant I know to check him out. He should be receiving a phone call with an appointment today, so when he receives that call he should be coming up to see you and tell him then that he is on sick leave."
Gibbs barged in and looked at both Ducky and Vance who knew that he had received the call with the appointment for the Urologist.
"Ducky told me that you'll need sick leave, so you'll be on sick leave indefinitely while they diagnose what is wrong with you and it is treated."
"I don't need sick leave, I can still work."
"You'll not be able to work if you have to run to the toilet nearly every half hour," replied Ducky.
Gibbs wasn't pleased at this but he knew that he was right. He walked out of the office and down to the bullpen where Tony got up to talk to Gibbs but decided to wait until they got home.
"See you later; I'm going home as Vance has put me on sick leave." He headed for the elevator to go home.

Later that evening Tony arrived at Gibbs' home, entering in through the door knowing that Gibbs would be in the basement working on the piece of wood he was chiselling. Tony stood at the top of the stairs watching Gibbs, knowing he would have to ask him what Ducky said.
"Are you going stand there all night or you coming down to ask me what Ducky say?"
He walked down the stair and sat down beside Gibbs waiting for him to start.
"Duck got in touch with a friend of his in the Urinary Department and I received a phone call giving an appointment for 2 days' time.  Tony I want you to come with me as I think they're going to tell me that it will be something to with my prostate, i.e. prostate cancer. My mum died of breast cancer and I was told that there's a chance that I could have developed prostate cancer."
Tony was surprised at Gibbs being as candid as he never said so much in the time he had known him.
"Let's not dwell on it until you go to the hospital. So what would like for dinner as I'm paying," said Tony.
"Chinese."

Later that evening after the food was eaten they headed for bed and decided that they would just snuggle up as they didn't feel like sex tonight.  Soon they were asleep.

During the night Gibbs got up out the bed quite a few times to go the toilet and Tony just lay in bed waiting for him to come back to bed. As soon as he was back in bed Tony would snuggle up and they both fall asleep.

Next day Gibbs pottered down in the basement chiselling a flower into a piece of wood for the headboard of his godchild's bed most of the morning and then he went upstairs to make some lunch.  He didn't know what he wanted to eat at first so when he looked in the fridge and saw the eggs he decided to make scrambled eggs for lunch.
In the office Tony, Tim and Ziva were working on cold cases as their last case reports were finished. Tony was worried about Gibbs and at lunchtime he phoned him.
After the call he went down to autopsy and exited the elevator then walked into autopsy to talk to Ducky.
"Ducky, what can Gibbs expects tomorrow when he goes to the hospital?"
"He'll have a urinary test and check his bladder then there will be blood tests to test his PSA then there will be a rectal examination as I believe he may have a problem with his prostrate."

Later on in the day Tony told Ziva and McGee to go home as there was nothing else to be done today. He got up and flung his backpack over his shoulder and headed for the elevator ready to go home and see how his lover was feeling.  Something was nagging in the back of his head and a thought just popped into head and a dreaded work was whirling in his mind, could Gibbs have the big C.  He tried not to think about it but he knew that the only other thing it could condition it could be is an enlarged prostrate.

Tony drove home on autopilot and only realised that he was home when he saw the home he had been staying at for the past year and he stopped the car in the drive and stayed in the car for what felt like an eternity. He tried hard to compose himself as he didn't want Gibbs to see that he was upset as he knew he would have to be strong for Gibbs if it was the Big C.
Tony entered the house and knew straight away where Gibbs was by the fact that the basement door was left ajar.  He stood at the top of the stairs watching him chisel away at the block of wood that would be the headboard for the God-daughter's bed.  Tony stood there for a while and then went to the kitchen to start the dinner as he was feeling very hungry.

Later that night they headed for bed as tomorrow would be a busy day with the test that Gibbs would have to endure.  They both were in the bed kissing and Tony cuddled up beside Gibbs as was not up for anything else, Knowing it would be long night Tony rubbed Gibbs back to try and make him relax.  After about 15mins of this Gibbs was sleeping Tony closed his eyes and was soon asleep.

Gibbs woke up during the night by a bad dream and got out of bed and headed to the toilet.  Tony opened his eyes and knew that Gibbs must have had a bad dream about what was going to happen.  Not long after Gibbs came back to the bed and Tony took him in a loving embrace and kissed him to show that everything would be alright.  Soon they were asleep again.

end part 1