Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
301
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,122

To Smooth Things Over With Mom

Summary:

Before Sophie leaves home for college,Gene steps into her bedroom and tries to apologize,only to have Sophie suggest that he tries to makes up with her mother Shannon.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

"You want to know something,Sophie.I really am going to miss you.I also want to say that I'm sorry that I had missed your graduation.It's just that my personal schedule had made me...!",that was what Gene Simmons--the one member of the hard rock band Kiss whose alter ego happens to be The Demon--had said to his Nineteen year old daughter Sophie,who had raised her hand and said,"It's okay,Dad.I get the picture.The real trick would be for you to try to smooth things over with Mom."

And as soon as he had realized that Sophie was actually serious about him giving mending his broken relationship with Playboy Magazine's November 1981 Playmate Of The Month Shannon Tweed a try,Gene had let out a sigh and said,"I don't believe it,Sophie.It seems like yesterday that I had been giving you driving lessons behind the wheel of the car with you on my lap.Now,you're giving me relationship advice.",before Sophie had closed her already packed suitcase and said,"Look,Dad.I know full well that you and Mom would be miserable without each other.So,how about it?"

That was before Gene had sighed,given Sophie a gentle hug and said,"Okay,Sophie.I'll give it a try.After all,the men on my side of the family happen to be natural born romantics.It's in our blood.",only to have Sophie roll her eyes and say,"Sure,Dad.Whatever you say."And after he had helped Sophie get into a cab,give her a 'goodbye' kiss and watch the cab drive away,Gene had picked up the phone,dialed a number and said,"Hi,Shannon.It's Gene.Sophie's gone.And...well...we really need to talk."

THE END!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.