Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
299
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
575

This Magnificent Spring

Summary:

After he wakes up and discovers that he had regained his youth,one of Ponce de Leon's men gets ready to return to the camp and let his fellow explorers know of his discovery.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

At first,it was all darkness.I mean,it was so black that I had not been able to see what had been happening around me.That was before I had felt a hand being placed on my forehead and to realize that it was my hand because there was not one single human soul with me.Then,I had opened my eyes and discovered that I had been sleeping in some sort of jungle.That had made me let out a sigh and promise to never drink any more rum with a certain crazed conquistador whose name happens to be Juan Ponce de Leon ever again.

But that was before I had turned towards this magnificent spring of crystal clear water and decided to take a drink from that spring,only to take a glance at my reflection in the water and discover that I am no longer an old man who had allowed himself to blindly follow that crazed conquistador to the suppossed 'Fountain Of Youth'.Instead,I had regained my youth and was ready to inform my follow explorers that I had found that very fountain for the honor of the Spanish people.

However,while I was preparing to return to our encampment,I had heard the sudden sound of someone having to fire a gun at a hostile enemy.And as soon as I had followed that sound to its source,I had became terrified at the sight of an enraged Ponce de Leon standing over his dead troops with a smoking gun in one hand,a blood stained sword in the other hand and the smile of pure evil on his lips.After that,I had hidden myself and said nothing about having discovered the Fountain Of Youth.That is until now.

THE END!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.