Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
509
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
20
Hits:
1,515

Protecting Family

Summary:

Summary: Just a little missing scene to play with
Characters slashed: Jonathan Raven/Herman "Ski" Jablonski (Raven)
Characters Mentioned: John Decian/Max Harrison (Hawaii), Reno Raines/Bobby Sixkillers (Renegade)

Work Text:

Protecting The Love
by PEJA

 

Brandon Alapai bowed low to his friend, Johnathan Raven and accepted a slap on the back welcome from the ever-cheeky Herman Jablonski.

"So you say this detective, Max Harrison, questioned you about," Ski touched Brandon's lingering scar, smiling openly when the other man leaned into the slight caress.

Raven cleared his throat in warning, attracting Ski's attention and arched a brow. The man broke into a wide, mischievious grin but backed off Alapai, scurrying into the far kitchen.

An affectionate smile tugged at Raven's lips as he watched the older man rush on his way.

"He is a handful." Brandon murmured, drawing Raven's eyes back to him.

Sighing wistfuly, he turned back to Brandon, gesturing that Bradon proceed him into his home. "Yes, but worth the trouble." he said as they moved deeper into the house. "Did you tell Harrison what he wanted to know?" Always the attentive host, Raven waved the Hawaiian to a soft cushion in his sparsly furnished living room

Brandan lowered himself with amazing grace for such a large man. "I -- had no choice. They asked if I had someplace safe to go....I came here as soon as they left."

"No," Raven agreed. "This man taking heads from innocent victims is too dangerous. He has to be stopped."

"At the cost of my own family, I wonder." Brandon murmured.
Raven shook his head. "It was fortunate that Reno Raines and his partner, Bobby Sixkillers happened to be visiting me for the week. They and their lovely associate, Cheyenne Phillips have your family under lock and key. You family will be safe enough."

Brandon met his dark eyes for a long moment, then nodded. "They are good men."

"Very good."

Ski suddenly appeared from the back of the house, bearing a tray with tea and cups. He distributed the cups and poured, not exactly traditional, but he made the effort in front of Raven's guest, and that counted more than one might think.

When the tea was poured and distributed, Raven patted his cushion, inviting Ski to curl close. The older man needed no more incentive. He snuggled close and the two men indulged in the warming drink with descrete, tender caresses exchanged.

The tea drained, Ski leaned forward and his cup clattered onto the table, breaking the restive peace.

Raven chuckled soft and dangerous and drew the older man back into an easy embrace. Ski took the opportunity to drop his head on Raven's shoulder and brush a kiss over the warm skin of his neck.

Brandon lowered his eyes, giving the couple a moments privacy.

And a moment was all they had before the phone disturbed them.

Raven floated to his feet and appeared to glide over the floor. "Raven."

"Harrison here." a voice came back to him. "You have
Brandom Alapia with you."

"He is here."

"Tell him he's safe. The perp...resisted. Shot at my...partner."

"He is dead."

"He shot at my partner." the voice repeated simply. "No one gets away with hurting John."

 

End