Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
414
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
23
Hits:
811

The End of the Road

Summary:

Jubal finds his prize and the end of his rainbow

Work Text:

Title The End of the Road
Author Wereleopard58
Rating PG
Word Count 402
Prompt 019 Jubal
Pairing (if any)
Disclaimer: I do not own Firefly

River wandered around the small dirt town it was like most of the others they went to. These were places that the Alliance didn't step foot on because nothing and no one on there that was worth the effort.

The reason she liked it was because there wasn't so much noise in her head, it was a little more peaceful just like walking through the lush green grass, staring and smiling up at the clear blue sky and feeling the rays of the sun dance across your skin.

That kind of peace never lasted long, pieces of her fractured memory would haunt her which would bring pain and fear. Deep down River knew that she would never be free of it. They would always be chasing her which meant Simon and the rest of Serenity. The ones that she had grown to love as a family would always be in danger.

There was a pin prick in her neck, her delicate hand moved across her pale skin to her it and pulled the intruder out. It was a small dart. The world around her began to become blurry, her body wouldn't do what her mind told it to. Her muscles became heavy and then in a blink of an eye she was laying on the green grass. Deep down River knew that the time had come, it was time to see the face of her capturer and maybe look into the eyes of death. A figure squatted next to her and smiled.

Jubal Early.

He finally had caught his quarry and River had nowhere to go, nowhere to run and there was no one to help her.

This was the end of the road.

XXXXX

Simon ran screaming, a little too late as Jubal Early's ship flew away with his beloved sister inside. All of that effort, it was all for nothing. Tears of anger, frustration and fear ran down his face.

Kaylee walked over and wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him. Standing just behind her was Mal. His eyes never left the sky, they narrowed for just a moment and they became emotionless.

"We'll get her back." Mal muttered more to himself, his voice cold and hard. If the Alliance wanted another war he would start one. That young girl had been through more than anyone should but most importantly River was part of his crew.

The End