Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
489
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
773

Julien's Kingdom

Summary:

The world is not complete for the lemurs without each other.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Julien's Kingdom
by Pirate Turner

 

 

        No one understands it, but Mort loves it when Maurice grasps him, pulls him up into the air, and swings him around. He is more, at that time, than just the smallest animal in the zoo. He is a weapon. He is excitement! His tiny eyes threaten to bug out of his furry head as he swings around and around, in Maurice's grip, before lashing out. And he laughs, which stuns the other animal that Maurice is swinging him at even more.

        After the fight, Mort has the giggles, and he lays where he's dropped, laughing with all eyes upon him. He shrugs his tiny shoulders, gets up, and chases after the King. He knows they're looking at him, staring at him in disbelief and not the tiniest bit of understanding, but he doesn't care. They're not important to him.

        What is important to him is the King and his feet, and Maurice too, to a bit, he'll admit. It's his family, such as they are, that's important to him, and he delights in doing anything they ask of him, short of bullying. He vaguely remembers the time he was big and King Julien used him to bully the other animals. They have an understanding now, though, and Julien will never ask him again to bully any one else -- as long as Mort lets him bully him.

        He knows he's being bullied, but he doesn't care any longer. It makes his family happy, and even if the whole world looks at him in shock and disbelief, he still doesn't care. They're not what's important to him. He laughs, his bright smile huge, as he dives underneath Julien's feet, and then he giggles and grins hysterically as he steps all over his prone body on his way to his throne.

        The world isn't important to Mort. What is important is his own world and the delight of having the royal feet upon his body, and he'll take those feet, and his own reverent, wonderful touches that come with them, above all else always.

        Julien doesn't even look down as he walks over Mort. He just shrugs his shoulders and keeps going with a tiny, wry smile twisting his furry lips. The ringtail doesn't understand the smaller lemur, and that's not important. What is important is that he makes him laugh, no matter how many times he has to kick him off of his feet, and he treasures those moments. What is important is that they have each other, and, with a glance back over his furry shoulder at the third member of their party marching slowly, and grumpily, along, Julien understands. He doesn't have to have all of the riches in the world to make him happy for just as long as he has his little army here, he has his whole Kingdom, and that is more than enough to make him smile.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.