Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
262
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
21
Hits:
1,776

H5-0: Episode Coda:1x24 The Worm Did It (Because I couldn't think of a better title - so sue me)

Summary:

Steve has a bad dream - Spoiler: Oia'i'o

Work Text:


Steve woke up in a cold sweat, gasping for air. He glanced around the room wide-eyed, wondering why he was in his own bed and not in a prison cell. He heard the mumbling beside him and turned, seeing Danny's eyes crack open. "What are you doing here?"

"Uh, I live here," Danny stated. "You live here too, remember?"

"Where's Kono?"

"With Ben on Maui," Danny answered for him.

"Chin?"

"Still in London with Laura, and I gotta tell ya, Steve, you getting them together was a smart idea."

"Rachel? She's pregnant," Steve stated.

"Yes, Steve, her swollen belly gave it all away." Danny nodded. "And Stan has never been happier." He pulled Steve into his arms.

"What about Wo Fat and the Governor?"

"He's still in jail and she's still in charge." Danny gave him a soft kiss. "Did you have a bad dream?"

"Yeah," Steve relaxed in Danny's arms, "I guess I did."

"Must have been a doozy."

"That's putting it mildly, Danno." Steve allowed himself to relax in Danny's arms.

"I told you not to finish that bottle of tequila," Danny sighed. "I warned you that swallowing the worm would give you weird dreams."

"I'll never do it again, I swear."

"Want to talk about it?" Danny asked.

"Danny, it was...."

"You know what?" Danny lay back down, laying Steve's head on his chest. "I don't want to know." Because if Steve told about his dream, Danny would have to do the same.

And telling Steve that the SEAL was dancing to Swan Lake in a purple tutu was not something he wanted to discuss.

FIN