Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,226
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
19
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
2,209

Relief

Summary:

 Tony's migraines are getting worse and he finds out that the headaches are not due to migraines.

Work Text:

Relief by Janbeth

 

Gibbs was looking over at Tony over the bullpen and saw him closing his eyes tightly.  He knew that the migraines were back again.

 

"Tony, go down to Ducky."

 

"I've been given new medication and was told it will take a few days to get any relief," said Tony.

 

"That was a week ago and you're just the same.  Go down to Ducky and I'll be down in a while to see what he says," Gibbs said with concern.

 

Tony got up and swayed slightly and held in to the desk before feeling able to move.  Tim got up from his desk and went to Tony and helped him to walk to the elevator and took him down to Ducky.

 

When they arrived in autopsy, Ducky noticed Tim supporting Tony and directed them to the table and urged Tony to sit on it.

 

"How bad is it Tony?" asked Ducky

 

"Bad. I just don't want to move."

 

"I think this is more than a migraine as the latest medication that your doctor gave you is the strongest for this condition," said Ducky. "I think you will have to see a neurologist."

 

"I have a tumor," Tony said in near panic.

 

"I can't offer a proper diagnosis, but until you can be seen by a qualified neurologist and have further tests, I think you should go home and take care of yourself.  It's quiet just now."

 

At that moment Gibbs walked in and overheard what Ducky had said.

 

"I'll take him home, Duck. He can't work like this. I'll tell the director that Tony will be taking sick leave and I'll be taking time off to make sure Tony gets as much rest as possible."

 

"I'll contact my neurologist friend to see if she can see Tony soon, as he needs help," said Ducky.

 

Gibbs went up to the director's office and told him to sign Tony off and that he was taking leave to make sure that Tony has someone to look after him.

 

McGee picked up Tony's coat and bag and took them down to the garage where he found Gibbs putting Tony into his car.  Gibbs made sure that McGee stayed with Tony while he went up to the bullpen to collect his coat.

 

Ten minutes later Gibbs told McGee that they would be off for a while and that McGee and Ziva would be working on cold cases. "If anything comes in another team will take it, McGee."

 

 

 

Gibbs drove Tony to his own house, as he wasn't prepared to carry Tony up several flights of stairs. It seemed as though the elevator in his apartment building was perpetually broken, and it was obvious from the way Tony slumped in the passenger seat, holding his head, he wasn't going to be able to negotiate them on his own.

 

The journey took a while as he drove with care, not wanting to make Tony's headaches worse.  They arrived at the Gibbs' house and Gibbs helped Tony inside the house and then to the couch to let Tony lie down and rest.  He put a blanket over Tony and closed the curtains.  Just then the phone rang and it was Ducky.

 

"Jethro, Tony has an appointment for tomorrow due to a cancellation at 9 am at Bethesda.  Ask for Dr. Stevens and she will see what she can do for young Anthony."

 

"Thanks, Duck."

 

 

 

Later in the evening Tony woke up and they had something to eat before going to the guest bedroom with Gibbs had prepared for him.  Jethro helped Tony get undressed to his underwear and put him into the guest bed. As soon as Gibbs was sure Tony was asleep went across the hall to his own room to get some rest. Tonight he'd forsake spending time on his boat in the basement because they'd have to be up early in the morning for Tony's appointment with the neurologist.

 

 

 

Gibbs woke up at 6 am and took a shower and dressed before going down to the kitchen to get his first coffee of the day.  After finishing his coffee he started to cook breakfast and he heard Tony get up and heard him go to the bathroom and to the shower.

 

Ten minutes later Tony came down the stairs and sat at the table where Jethro put a plate of bacon, mushrooms, scrambled egg and toast and a glass of fruit juice. Tony ate most of the big breakfast and appeared to be feeling better than he had the day before

 

"How are you feeling now?"

 

"A bit better," he said.

 

"Ducky got in touch with his friend and she has a cancellation so we have to be at the hospital for 9 am," said Gibbs.

 

Tony put on his coat ready to go to the hospital.

 

 

 

They arrived at the hospital and they went into the hospital to the neurology department.

 

Once they arrived at the receptionist's desk they waited.

 

"Can I help you?" the receptionist said.

 

"Tony DiNozzo for Dr. Stevens."

 

"I don't see your name.  I'll phone the doctor just to check."

 

"Dr. Stevens. I have a Tony DiNozzo here but he's not on the list."  She listened to the doctor and put the phone down.  "That's fine. So you are the patient that got the cancellation."

 

Five minutes later Tony's name was called and he went into see the doctor with Gibbs.  Doctor Stevens looked at the notes that had been faxed to her from Tony's doctor. She looked at Tony's head and put her hands on the top of his head moving down to his jaw; she realized what was wrong with Tony.

 

"You don't have anything serious wrong with you.  Your jaw is out of alignment and that is causing your headaches.  I'm going to send you to the dental department to get you fitted for a gum shield and I'll give you a prescription for the headaches; you'll be glad that it is something simple.  It's apparent that you've been grinding your teeth while your been sleeping so the gum shield will help you."

 

She phoned the dental department and was told that they would see him at 10:30 that morning. She gave him a letter to give to his doctor for his prescription and sent them to the dental department where they fitted Tony for his gum shield and told him to use it at night.

 

They left the hospital with relief and Gibbs drove them to Tony's doctor and got the prescription and went to the pharmacy for his medication and headed home.

 

Gibbs phoned Ducky and told him the good news and then phoned the director to say that they would be taking tomorrow off but would be in the next day.

 

When Gibbs called Tony's teammates to tell them the good news, McGee smiled and said, "Imagine Tony suffering from the same condition I had when I was young."

 

Tony took his medication and lies down on the couch and fell asleep and Gibbs put a blanket over him.

 

What a relief.

 

The end

 

 

My son was going through this as he was getting terrible migraines and got a cancellation at the Southern General, Glasgow and got told that his jaw was out of alignment and causing the headaches.  He was told that was due to him grinding his teeth in his sleep.