Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
689
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
13
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
963

In Any Language

Summary:

Warrick discovers something about himself that he likes and he drives Gil crazy with it.

Work Text:

In Any Language
by Sonia


"Stop smirking."

"I'm not."

"You are. I can feel your face twitching. It's not funny."

Warrick picks his head up off of Gil's bare chest and props himself up on his elbow. "Oh I beg to differ."

Gil scoots a few inches away from him. "Look, I'm...proud of you but honestly it's not that big of a deal.'

"You feel inferior now, don't you? Damn Gil,I didn't think you were this shallow." Warrick says smugly.

With an indignant tone Gil shouts. "I'm not!! You're the one who hasn't stopped rubbing it in my face. I'm the one that wanted you to do it. Remember?"

"OK, OK. I'm sorry. I've gotten out of hand. Truce?" He beams a warm smile at his lover.

Gil can't resist him when he's like this. He moves in for a kiss. Before it happens Warrick chuckles.

"Until I tell the others. Then it's war!!" He moves just in time to miss the swinging hand that was headed for his backside.

Gil sits up and throws back the sheets. "Ricky don't do that! I need their respect to keep them in line. They'll look at me...differently if they know."

Warrick, naked as the day he was born, is throwing jabs and upper cuts. He's humming the theme to "Rocky" as he dances on the balls of his feet.

"You're afraid I'll try and usurp your authority. I wouldn't dare." He stops and put his hands on his hips. He snaps his fingers and runs from the room.

Gil hangs his head. He mumbles to himself "I've created a monster".

Warrick returns breathing heavily with a piece of paper "OK I'll stop." Gil gives him an incredulous look. "No really I will." He smiles.

"After you recite this list I made up, I'll stop for real. Honest, I will. Please say it just once. OK?"

Gil snatches the paper from Warrick. "Geni, Genio, Genie**. Am I done?"

Warrick laughs "Yes you're done. I won't tell anyone I promise. It's just mind-blowing you know?" Warrick shakes his head slowly.

"Come here." Gil opens his arms. Warrick sits on the bed and moves into the embrace. Gil kisses his temple softly.

"I've always known Rick. You are the best CSI we've got. You're a brilliant puzzle solver. It's all about deductive reasoning and logic. You have natural abilities far beyond what you use working with us. I'm always afraid you'll realize that and go somewhere else." Gil says sincerely.

He's always thought eventually the younger man would move on. That he would lose him someday. He often wonders why he stays. Then Warrick will look at him with those incredible eyes of his,like he's doing right now, and he knows why he stays. It's because of him. He stays for him.

Warrick swallowed hard. "Thanks, babe. That's the best thing you've ever said to me. Besides I love you that is."

"I do you know. Very very much... except when you're being impossible." Gil joked.

Warrick kisses him on the cheek then snickers.

"Maybe I'll have a t-shirt made? You know.." He strings his hand across his chest were the words would be.

"Warrick Brown 173, Gilbert Grissom 164." Oh my grandmother is going to love this. She thinks you're the smartest person she knows. If only she knew.. Ha!!"

Gil flops over onto his back. "She will know the truth soon enough. I'll have them include your IQ in your obituary."

He straddles Gil's hips and places his hands on his soft belly. "I am the master of all I survey. Beware of my cunning mind and astounding physique."

Gil straightens his legs and Warrick tips backwards onto the floor. Gil smirks triumphantly at the stunned face of the younger man.

"The genius didn't know I was going to do that. Did he?"



*The End*