Actions

Work Header

The Apple Of Her Father's Eye

Summary:

It is some time after both Nite Owl and the Silk Spectre had finally gone into retirement just in time to enjoy having a normal life and being parents of a beautiful baby girl.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

It was a while since both Daniel Dreiberg and Laurie Jupiter had decided to finally quite the masked crime fighting business and put their Nite Owl and Silk Spectre disguises into cold storage in exchange for a normal life in the newly rebuilt city of New York which was a good thing to do because Laurie had given birth to a cute little baby girl that both she and Daniel had named Holli Edith Dreiberg after both Hollis Mason--the first Nite Owl--and Edward Blake,who had been operating as The Comedian before his death at the hands of Adrian Veidt himself.

Anyway,while she was staring at her little angel with a smile on her face,Daniel had stepped into the room,placed his hands on Laurie's belly and asked,"How are you feeling so far?",before she had turned around and looked at Daniel before he had planted a deep kiss on Laurie's lips.That was before little Holli had cried and Laurie had lifted Holli out of her crib,turned towards Daniel and said,"Look at her,Dan!Doesn't she look cute?"

Then,after he had looked and smiled at sweet little Holli and said,"Hi there,Sweetie.Did you have a nice nap this morning?",before he had turned his eyes toward Laurie and answered,"She really does look cute,Laurie.As a matter of fact,she's just like her mother.The apple of her father's eye."That was before Laurie had looked at Daniel and said,"She really does.Doesn't she?",which had resulted in the both of them stepping out of the baby's room with little Holli still in Laurie's gentle arms and sitting on the living room sofa before she had looked and smiled at Holli,who was smiling at her.

THE END!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.