Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
299
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
702

The Love Poem In His Jacket Pocket

Summary:

A teenager wants to surprise his dream girl with a poem,only to have her surprise him.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

On the morning of January 31st just like every other day,a young high school student named David Malick had arrived for work at a local comic book store,looked around to make sure that no one else was around and taken a piece of folded paper out of his jacket pocket.And after he had unfolded it,David had checked every line of the love poem that he had written to make sure that he had gotten all of the words spelled correctly.

But that was before another high school student--a young blonde maiden named Jessica Booth--had walked into the store with a stuffed toy monkey in her arms.And as soon as he had noticed the words 'Be My Valentine' on the red tee shirt that the toy monkey was wearing,a curious David had cleared his throat and asked,"Where did you get that little guy from,Jess?"

"Oh,my steady boyfriend had given this cute little guy to me.I've met this great guy while I was about to cross the street and go have lunch at Mickey Dee's with my friends.",that was what Jessica had said while she was hugging his toy monkey."What do you have in your pocket,David?"And when he had suddenly realized that he still had the love poem in his jacket pocket,David had taken it out,crumpled it all up and said,"Nothing.It's just some garbage that I forgot to throw out."

And after he had tossed it into the trash can,poor David had gone into the back room,placed his hands on his head and thought to himself,*What's wrong with you,David?Are you really that totally stupid?*,before he had decided to call winning Jessica's heart quits.

THE END!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.