Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
300
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
936

Don't Take It Personally

Summary:

While walking in a park,a woman suggests that she and her lover start dating other people.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Ever since a good friend had introduced them at a party a couple of years ago,it had seemed--at first--that Teri MacLachlan and Kyle Hatcher were bound for true wedded bliss.But that was not the case because after they had started taking a walk in the park together,Teri had turned around,placed her hand on Kyle's and said,"Please,Kyle.Don't take it personally.It's just that maybe we should date other people from now on."

"I don't understand,Teri.Why are you making that type of dumb suggestion for?",that was the question that a confused Kyle had asked Teri before she had let a single tear run down her cheek and said,"I really am sorry about this,Kyle.I know that you would be willing to be a good husband and profider.It's just that I don't want to be pushed into something that I don't feel like doing right now."

"In short,you're suffering from a case of cold feet,right?",that was what a suddenly understanding Kyle had asked Teri,who had nodded her head in response.And after he had wiped away the tears and given her a big hug,Kyle had let out a sigh,looked at Teri and said,"Okay,Teri.I'll go along with your suggestion.But if ever need a friendly shoulder to cry on,just give me a call and I'll be right over,okay?"And after she had said 'okay' to Kyle and planted a small kiss on his cheek,Teri had turned around and continued the walk in the park alone which had left Kyle to reach into his pocket,pull out an engagement ring and say,"Sorry,Little Buddy.But I have no choice.You're going to the pawn shop."

THE END!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.