Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2011-01-15
Words:
1,366
Chapters:
3/3
Kudos:
17
Hits:
1,205

The Birthday Series

Summary:

Jarod sends three people something for their Birthdays.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Sydney

Chapter Text

Disclaimer: "The Pretender" and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don't sue because I have no money.

The Birthday Series.
Sydney
By: 24

Sydney walked into the Centre's lobby, right up to the elevator and pressed the button that would take him downstairs to either his office or the tech room. Stepping out of the elevator he made his way towards his office. He unlocked the door and shut it behind it behind him. Walking towards his desk he found a present with a card attached to it. Sitting in the chair he picked up the card and opened it. The card's front had a man and a boy fishing together on a boat in the middle of the water with poles in their hands. The writing on the front said Happy Birthday. The inside said Hope you have a Happy Birthday. Jarod's distinctive writing under it said. Maybe we can have the scene on the front of the card. Happy Birthday Sydney. Love, J. He reached for the present and opened it. He made a small gasp as he saw what it was. It was a wood carving of the same drawing that Jarod had given of him with his twin brother standing with candles. It was beautifully made and he could see the care it took Jarod to do it. There was so much detail to the carving. He set it down as the phone rang.

"This is Sydney."

"Happy Birthday Sydney."

"Thank you Jarod. The carving is beautiful. Thank you."

"You're Welcome. I made it when I took a wood carving class."

"You took a lot of care with this carving. It's very detailed."

"I'm glad that you liked it."

"Maybe one day we can have the scene in the front of the card."

"I hope so Sydney. I would love that."

"Me too."

"Goodbye Sydney and Happy Birthday again."

"Goodbye and Thank you for the gift."

After work he picked up the gift and the card and carried it to his house. He put his briefcase down and took the gift and card out. He put both of them on the table so that they could be the center of attention. He turned on the television after he had arranged his dinner on the table and started to eat. When it was time to go to bed he turned off the T.V. and looked at the card and carving again and went to his room to go to sleep.

The End.