Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
209
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
725

The Princess' Special Friend

Summary:

Cordelia's very special friend takes care of his Princess.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

The Princess' Special Friend
by Pirate Turner

 

 

        Sometimes she's so exhausted that she barely makes it through the bath he has drawn for her before she walks in, and though she never speaks a word of it aloud, he knows, understands, and fulfills her needs before she can ask him. He pulls the plug out of the tub when she falls asleep while bathing, and the gurgling sound stirs her enough from her slumber that she drags herself together and quickly washes the remaining soap away. Then he's there with a big, fluffy towel for her to step into and dries her as she pads to her room, her beauty marred by her concentrating frown as she fights to just continue her delicate steps to her bed.

        The towel drops to the floor as she falls into her bed, and though her words are incoherent as she immediately drifts off to dream of a world of peace where Angel is hers, Dennis understands his best friend's words clearly for they share an unspoken connection of the hearts like no other. "Thank you, Dennis," she says, and his world is complete again as he sits beside her, watching her dream, and combing unseen fingers through his Princess' hair.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.