Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Chuck vs. The LifeTime Original Movie
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
555
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
1,139

Chuck vs. First Day Jitters

Summary:

Chuck's about to start his first day at Buy More.
Author's Note: sequel to 'Chuck vs. The LifeTime Original Movie.'

Work Text:

Chuck vs. First Day Jitters.
by Lopaka Tanu

 

 

"Uh, guys, I think I have a problem." Holding out the squalling infant, Chuck tried to keep the dripping diaper from reaching his clothes. The crease of his dress shirt felt stiff along his arm. It and his pants had just been pressed. "Guys?"

Stormy blue eyes stared back at him between crying jags. The baby had one fist curled in front of his mouth, the other beat pitifully against Chuck's hand. It was obvious he was upset about the whole situation.

Not that Chuck blamed him. If he had crapped his pants, then peed them, he would be seriously upset too. As it was, he was feeling a little faint and ready to throw up. That would not have been a good idea as the kid was in the way. And he wasn't getting anything on these clothes. The last thing he needed was to change them again.

Swallowing thickly, he managed a small grimace at the baby. It only made things worse and the kid began to scream bloody murder. Beating his tiny fists at the air, he began to kick and squirm. Soon, he was rolling like a puppy trying to get free.

Eyes wide, Chuck froze. He could only stare helplessly at the tiny monster in his hands. "Ellie! Awesome! Come help, now!" If he didn't calm the thing down now, the dripping mess would splash on him!

"Chuck, what did you do?" Ellie's voice was full of accusation. Running into the living room, she rushed up to his side. Without sparing her brother a glance, she snatched up the baby into her arms. Her hands came up to cup and support the tiny infant in all the right places.

Finally, by some miracle, he began to calm down.

Staring at the monster in shock, Chuck felt the right half of his face twitch. All she had done was hold him. He had tried that and it only made things worse. Then her words registered. "Me? I didn't do anything. All I did was pick him up when he started to get fussy. He peed. His diaper, I think it's full."

Rocking the baby, Ellie shushed him with quiet humming. Her fingers trailed over every inch of him, searching. Upon reaching the diaper, she paused and sent Chuck a look over her shoulder. "That's okay, sweety, Uncle Chuck is just a big idiot. He doesn't know any better." Bouncing him slightly in her arms, she carried the infant back towards her bedroom.

Chuck could only watch them go, a stunned look on his face. He knew this was partially his fault, but only because he was new at this. He never had to deal with things like diapers before. That's what girls had been for! Wincing, he was glad he hadn't said it out loud. Ellie would probably have ruined his nice clean clothes.

Heart pounding, he glanced over at the clock. Two hours until his interview. He just had to make it too more hours.

A wail from the back bedroom made jostled him.

Wiping a hand over his smoothed back hair, he sighed. He was never going to make it like this. If something didn't happen, he would find a way to screw it up somehow on his own.


THE END.......