Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
304
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
737

A Witchy Success

Summary:

Buffy is there for Willow on her opening night.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

A Witchy Success
by Pirate Turner

 

 

        Willow was trembling when she stepped off the stage and into her lover's arms. Buffy pulled her close, ran her hands soothingly down her back, and kissed first her forehead and then her cheek. "You did it, Wills," she assured her, smiling brightly.

        "I . . . I did, didn't I?" Willow answered hesitantly. A slow smile crept over her lips to fill her face.

        "Yes," Buffy agreed, beaming proudly, "you did." She squeezed her girlfriend. "I'm proud of you."

        "Thanks," Willow replied bashfully. Her green eyes turned back to the stage where her play was getting off to a good start. "I just hope it works."

        "It will," Buffy assured her.

        "I wouldn't have the courage to do what they're doing," she confided.

        "None of these Witches would be here now if not for you, Wills." Buffy hugged her again. "You wrote a great play, and all the cast is wonderful! It's going to rock!"

        "I don't want it to rock," Willow said, a pout pulling down her smile. "A Shakespearian play shouldn't rock."

        "Maybe not," Buffy agreed, crooking a finger underneath her love's chin and lifting her head so that she gazed up into her blue eyes, "but this one will. It's going to be the most spectacular thing that's ever hit this stage. It's going to show the audience that they don't have to be afraid of Witches and teach them the truth of Samhain, and it's going to sparkle just like the wonderful woman who created it."

        "Aw . . . " Willow started.

        Buffy hushed her with a gentle kiss upon her supple lips. Then she drew Willow back against the wall, and together they watched the play unfold. The play proved to be the success Buffy had predicted. They enjoyed a standing ovation followed by rave reviews.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.