Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
364
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
818

Lizard Brain

Summary:

A Brief interlude on the TARDIS for the 11th Doctor, Amy and Rory. For the WWOMB for Monday November 29, 2010 authors choice #201 - lizard brain - any pairing - any length

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Lizard Brain

For the WWOMB for Monday November 29, 2010 authors choice #201 - lizard brain - any pairing - any length.

I do not own Doctor Who, it’s characters or trademarked items, demmital anyways. No copyright infringement is intended.

***

“Lizard brain!” shouts a frustrated Amy.

“That’s Silurian,“ the Doctor returns distractedly as he tinkers below the main platform to the TARDIS’ control console.

“Arghh!” escapes from Amy, muffling the whir of his sonic, as she stomps away. She passes her husband, ignoring his wince and strides deeper inside the TARDIS to it’s living areas.

Rory meanders down a curving ramp and some steps, poking his head near the man in shirtsleeves, his bow tie slightly askew. “You really are an alien,” he comments, shaking his head.

The Doctor flicks a dangling shock of hair out of the way, “how do you mean, Mr. Pond?”

Feathers ruffled, Rory begins with “that’s Williams,” but fades with a shrug to the Doctor’s questioning eyebrow lift, “yeah, anyway, it’d take an alien not to notice a beautiful, angry, red-head yelling at him.”

“Oh, I noticed,” the Doctor replies, changing his tone as he realizes he’s talking to her husband, “but I know far too many advanced species with reptilian physiology to take it as an insult,” he continues as he stuffs a handful of interwoven wires into a small metal box. A quick whir of the sonic, and he closes the box with a quick pat.

He bounces out of the fabric sling holding him for repairs, landing next to Rory. “Besides, it’s fun to get Amy’s knickers in a twist,” he finishes with a grin.

“Whoa, alien! You don’t get to talk about my wife’s knickers!”

The Doctor just smiles, as he shifts his arm so his sleeve slip’s up, looking at his watch, he offers, “if you hurry, you can just catch her in time to re-direct her passionate anger into a more convivial marital direction.”

Rory’s belligerence fades as he realizes what the Doctor is trying to relay. “Oh!” he utters, breaking away and following Amy’s exit at speed.

“Silly apes,” the Doctor mutters, shaking his head fondly as he heads to another piece of malfunctioning TARDIS.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ravenimperatrix.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.