Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 24 of McHale's Navy Deleted Scenes
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
552
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,413

Deleted Scene: La Dolce 73

Summary:

small scene, takes place during ep "La Dolce 73"

Work Text:

Episode Summary: McHale and the Crew go into the movie business, and Parker becomes the great Italian filmmaker 'Frederico Parkini', as part of a plan to help Binghamton get out of a tough situation with a visiting U.S. Congresswoman. -- from www.tv.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We’ll take care of it, Skip. Don’t worry,” Parker said eagerly, saluted, and pulled the door closed behind him. A couple minutes later, there was the sound of an engine starting and a truck driving away.

McHale and Carpenter looked around. Suddenly, the villa was quiet and there was an eerie stillness. “That’s strange,” McHale muttered. The hairs on the back of his neck stood on end. “It’s too quiet.”

Carpenter circled around the main room and back to McHale. He had to step around all the party decorations but there didn’t appear to be another soul around besides them. “Are we really alone?”

McHale frowned in thought. “Major Harrigan and Binghamton are taking the Congresswoman to her plane.”

Carpenter stood next to McHale so they were back to back. He peered around as if he expected someone to jump out of the shadows. “And you ordered Parker and your crew to return the film equipment. Do you think they will?”

“They’d better,” McHale growled. “Or they’ll answer to me.”

“I think that’s everyone,” Carpenter said as if he still didn’t believe it.

McHale whistled quietly. “We are alone.”

“You sure?”

McHale grinned. “Yeah.”

Carpenter leaned back against McHale and let out a relieved laugh. “When Major Harrigan showed up, I thought we were dead.”

McHale chuckled. “By then we had Congresswoman Austin really believing we were doing a training film.”

“With her as our femme fatale.” Carpenter laughed harder and covered his face. “And Parker as the great Italian film director Frederico Parkini. I can’t believe I said that to Major Harrigan with a straight face.”

McHale’s booming laugh escaped. “You were great, Lucky.” He waved an arm. “And Chuck. He really hammed it up.”

Carpenter could hardly catch his breath from laughing so hard. “The Congresswoman ended up loving him. I wasn’t sure it would work.”

McHale tilted his cap up and wiped his forehead. He blinked back tears of laughter. “Me neither. I thought Harrigan was going to bust his buttons when she called him a philistine and yelled at him for upsetting Signore Parkini.” He put on a mock whiney voice and copied Harrigan. “You did it to me again.”

Carpenter turned and hugged McHale from behind. He rested his chin on McHale’s shoulder. “Do you think the three of them will make it to the airfield in one piece?”

“In one jeep with the way Harrigan and Binghamton argue. She’ll kill them both,” McHale answered deadpan.

Carpenter craned his neck to take one last look around without letting go of McHale. “Quint?”

McHale felt Carpenter’s grip around him tighten. He pressed back into Carpenter. “Yeah, Lucky?”

Carpenter nuzzled the side of McHale’s neck. “We have the house to ourselves.”

The feel of Carpenter’s hot breath on his skin sent a jolt of anticipation down McHale’s spine. It took him a moment to find his voice. “So we do.”

“Should we do some exploring,” Carpenter whispered seductively. “The bedroom maybe.”

Swiftly, McHale turned and lifted Carpenter to carry him over his shoulder. “That’s the best idea I’ve heard all day.”

Carpenter just laughed, grabbed a bottle of wine sitting on a nearby table, and let his Quint carry him away.

Series this work belongs to: