Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
773
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,295

You Are: Exasperation

Summary:

A series of drabbles of all the reasons why Trivette and Walker love each other. For being who they are - the good and the bad.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

Trivette often wondered just when his life had taken a turn from bad to worse, to great, to extraordinary, to sometimes down right unbelievable. He could probably figure out a good deal of those. The great no doubt was the day he had met a certain Cordell Walker's eyes; face to face with him at a crowded indoor pool. Nothing like meeting a guy, your future partner in law enforcement no less, in nothing but a Speedo. That was a moment he'd never forget and he could say without a doubt that his life had certainly taken a turn for the better at that point.

Extraordinary? Well that was easy.

The day that Walker had come to his door, soaked through from a downpour, and asking to be let in... that had turned his life from something ordinary to something extraordinary. They had come together in a whirlwind of clothes being dropped to the floor and a stumbling, passionate dance to his bedroom. After the fight they had had Trivette would never have thought it possible. That their friendship wouldn't be salvageable let alone a relationship forming out of it.

One stolen confession, one accidental mishap, one shattering argument, had turned their lives away from a time of darkness and thrust them right out into the light.

And it was moments like these that made his life down right unbelievable. That he was really in love with a man with everything that he was... who was currently on the top of a semi trailer as Trivette followed the fast moving truck at a good clip of sixty miles an hour. It was enough for any high speed chase. It was worse when it was ten ton semi and it was down right unbearable to have Walker once more swept up in it.

“Hasn't he ever heard of spike strips?” Trivette muttered, gripping the steering wheel under his hands. Of course not, he thought to himself a moment later, he's Walker. Strangely enough, even with the steady amount of heart attacks and strokes he received from him, he wouldn't have him any other way.

Trivette lost his sight of Walker as the truck swerved, probably in an attempt to shake him off, and he quickly jerked the wheel around to try and get a better look.

His heart all but stopped when he didn't see Walker at all and was about to slam on his brakes to start checking the ditches when the semi started braking as well. Trivette was hard put to keep up, putting his foot down on the brake of the truck and pushing it all but to the floor. He couldn't let the driver get away, not now, especially considering the fact that Walker could be dead right now and it was the anger fueled by that which made him get out of the truck like a force of nature – barely keeping himself in check.

He took out his gun and pointed it at the driver's side, advancing cautiously, “Let me see your hands!”

When he got close enough to see the driver the door opened and there Walker sat, the beefy goon who had caused them so much trouble sprawled out and passed out on the bench seat beside him. Walker grinned at him, giving him a coy look, “You gonna read me my rights?”

Trivette dropped his arms and let out an explosive breath, “Walker!”

“What!” he laughed.

“You... you know what! You gave me a heart attack! I thought –”

“Thought what?” Walker chuckled as he got out, dragging Jebs out of the passenger side.

“You know what!”

Walker laughed, pausing from his task, one foot propped up on the step up into the cab, an elbow resting on his knee and the other on his belt. He paused to consider him – those intuitive eyes, that gaze that missed nothing and went right through a person – studied him for a long second. And Trivette felt his anger evaporating, slowly but steadily the longer his lover looked at him.

“Don't you do that.” Trivette said but his voice was softening and a reluctant smile was pulling at the corners of his lips.

“Don't do what?” Walker grinned at him, blue eyes sparkling mischievously.

Trivette groaned and let out a breath of laughter, shaking his head, “You... sometimes I don't know what to do with you.” he said as he holstered his gun and started forward to help his partner load the bad guy into the truck.

“Keep me I hope.”

Trivette inwardly groaned and nodded with a soft, unrestrained laugh, “There's no doubt of that partner. No doubt.”

 

~END~

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Vetesse.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.