Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 5 of McHale's Navy Deleted Scenes
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
416
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,071

Deleted Scene: Jolly Wally

Summary:

small scene that takes place during the ep: Jolly Wally

Work Text:

Episode Summary: When Binghamton discovers that Ensign Parker's childhood friend is a renowned war correspondent, he promotes Parker to base PR officer -- from Season 2 DVD box set

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpenter concentrated on typing out the dispatch for Captain Binghamton. He heard movement behind him but paid no attention. Suddenly, there was hot breath on the side of his neck. He tensed in his chair and his fingers missed the keys.

“Hiya, Lucky,” McHale whispered in Carpenter’s ear.

Carpenter smiled and automatically relaxed. “Quint, this isn’t the time.”

McHale lightly nuzzled that spot just below Carpenter’s ear. “Aren’t you glad to see me?”

Carpenter let out a shaky breath. “No,” he answered but made no move to pull away. “What if someone walks in?”

“I posted a look-out.”

Carpenter tilted his head to the side to expose more of his neck. “Who?”

McHale trailed his lips over Carpenter’s smooth skin. “Chuck.”

Carpenter shut his eyes and chuckled. “And just what does he think we’re doing in here?”

McHale laughed quietly. “I’m on an intelligence gathering mission.”

Carpenter reached back to touch McHale’s head. “Are you going to pump me for information?” he asked suggestively.

McHale growled softly. “Lucky, you’d tempt the devil.”

“Hey, I didn’t start this, but I’ll end it.” Carpenter opened his eyes and let out a resigned sigh. He gave McHale a slight push away and tried to focus on the task at hand with McHale still near him. “I have to get this dispatch to the Captain.”

McHale rested his chin on Carpenter’s shoulder and peered at the dispatch. “What is it?”

Carpenter read over it, secretly pleased he didn’t make any typos in his distracted state. “Whit Barrett’s coming for a visit. He’ll be arriving tomorrow.”

“The war correspondent?”

Carpenter smiled. “The Captain will love this. The last three officers that Barrett has written a column on have been promoted.”

McHale straightened up. He rolled his eyes. “That means Ol’ Leadbottom will go even nuttier than usual.”

Carpenter stood and turned to McHale. He leaned in close to McHale’s ear and was still for a long moment, feeling the heat between them. “He’ll probably restrict you to your island. I might just have to come and visit you.” With that, he grabbed the dispatch and was gone.

McHale stared after him. He grabbed the back of Carpenter’s chair. He let out the breath he didn’t realize he’d been holding.

“Hey, Skip,” Parker said excitedly from the doorway.

“What is it, Chuck?” McHale asked absently.

“I heard Captain Binghamton’s jeep is ready. I’m gonna go pick it up.”

McHale waved Parker away. “That’s a good idea.”

Series this work belongs to: