Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
439
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,133

Darkest Night

Summary:

Short, but sweet Logurt drabble - Logan/Kurt X-men slash fic.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

Kurt entered their bedroom, sighing softly as he entered into darkness. The bedroom that he shared with his lover was characteristically dark – they both didn't need many lights to see and could navigate just fine, far better than a normal human or most mutants for that matter. But the darkness, tonight, wasn't what drew a sigh from him.

It was the sight of his lover, apparently trying to meditate on the floor and failing. His eyes were open, staring out the window, face tilted up towards the moonlight which shone through the paned glass down upon him. His hands were on his folded legs and he was entirely still. To Kurt however the movement was inertia. Constantly in a state of flux and compelling the man towards one side or another. The battle he constantly fought within himself.

He didn't speak, didn't wish to interrupt the silence. Words were something they didn't often need anyway and tonight they needed even less. Kurt moved behind him, whisper soft and nearly invisible – his body blending into the darkness and all but becoming one with it, blurring his body lines until he too were just a shadow – the only thing breaking up the darkness his glowing eyes.

Kurt knelt beside him and didn't touch, gazing upon the feral known as Wolverine with an undying patience he had learned to temper and perfect with the man kneeling beside him. If Logan would speak than he would speak and that was the end of it. People who didn't realize this often got a cutting word for their trouble, even if they only did was ask a kind word or a concerned question. It was all the same to Logan.

Words were hollow. Words could be broken, taken back, turned upon, and easily fashioned into lies. Logan trusted what he could feel and most people didn't know it – but Logan could feel just as much very nearly as any telepath. The depths of it often astounded Kurt.

Logan tilted his head down, giving a soft sigh, taking his eyes away from the stars shinning in the night sky. “Hey Elf.” he said quietly, his voice rough in a way that signified all that it should. Today the X-men had lost one of their own. Kurt himself had given the last rights.

He still sensed that words weren't right so he simply reached out, reaching out from the shadows and into the moonlight to take his lover's hand. He gave it a squeeze and pale, weary blue eyes met his and connected. And they sat. Silent and peaceful. Comfort from the darkness to soothe darkness within.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Vetesse.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.