Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
784
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,048

You and Only You

Summary:

Eric is the jealous type but for Wes there's only one for him. An Eric/Wes drabble

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

"Hey."

Eric looked up as his lover came bounding into the kitchen, snagging something to eat off the counter and putting his brief case onto it. Eric leaned in for a kiss but was surprised when Wes didn't move to reciprocate it. Moving past him instead, a flurry of activity, "I'll be right back. I have to answer this email."

"Email?"

"Yeah some guy emailed me. I was kinda shocked actually." Wes said, pausing by the doorway, breathing a laugh, "He was actually quite flattering and well spoken."

Eric paused by the counter – taken off gaurd and suddenly unsettled.

"Eric?" Wes asked, concerned – stepping forward.

"I'm fine." Eric said, doing his best to shrug off both his lover's concern and the... he didn't know why the thought of another man – well he knew why. He was possessive and the jealous type and something about Wes anything to rush off to email another man and spend time doing that literally with him, instead of with Eric, made his blood boil. But he didn't want to be that type of person – didn't want to be the controlling boyfriend who didn't let their lover even have friends for christ's sake.

"No you're not." Wes said, all his earlier exuberance forgotten as he stepped closer, intently concerned.

Eric smirked and turned away, "Quit it Wes. You're looking too hard into things again." but the taunt wasn't half as it good as it could have been and he winced when his back was turned.

"Eric."

Eric refused to look at him, throwing him a glance over his shoulder, "Go on Wes." he said teresly, "Supper is going to be ready soon. I played house wife for you today so the least you can do is be around to eat what I made."

He sighed silently but roughly when he heard foosteps come closer instead of away, "Hey. Look at me."

"Wes –"

Eric reacted as soon as Wes touched his arm, his tight control over his anger slipping a second at the physical contact. He pushed his lover away. "God Wes what the hell is the matter with you today? You're all over me! You said you had better things to do so go do them!"

"Eric stop it." Wes returned, eyes flashing but suddenly his expression shifted and Eric internally bemoaned. No Wes stay angry at me. Let me be the bad guy. At least then you won't see what I'm hiding.

But he had no such luck.

"Oh Eric." Wes said softly, stepping forward and reaching out for him again.

Eric roughly pulled his arm from his lover's light grip but Wes didn't for a second waver – if anything else just kept coming right back, stepping closer, "Hey, hey stop. Just stop that." Wes soothed, "Stop."

It was hard – it was down right painful – but Eric stopped physically resisting, letting his lover take him into a loose embrace. He was so close, Eric could feel the beat of Wes' heart against his arm and chest, his breath soft against against his skin.

"Look at me."

Eric looked away instead, he'd rather not see the blazing intensity he knew he'd find in Wes' eyes.... he didn't feel worthy. Especially after having the insanely jealous thoughts he had had just had mere moments ago.

"Look at me Eric. Look at me."

Eric sighed, winced, and then did so.

"I love you with all my heart. And I will never, ever leave you. Not for some random guy who emails me – or anyone for that matter! Its you and only you Eric for as long as I live and I want it no other way. I'd wouldn't have it any other way. I love you with everything that I am. And you aren't going to lose me. Not now. Not ever."

Wes reached up and caressed the side of his face, Eric wincing – pulling away from the comforting touch he desired so much and at the same time leaning into it. The tug of war, battle of wills, ended and desire won out.

"Wes." Eric managed, pained. And nothing could sooth him like Wes could, no one could understand him as he could or soothe the beast inside him like he could. More than that – he felt so fortunate he had him at all. That Wes could see through all his bullshit for what it really was. And while that was terrifying. It was a far better feeling than being alone to deal only with yourself.

Wes' kiss was sweet and soothing. A balm against an angry, raw hurt. It was cool waters over burning embers that were soon doused under an all encompassing love. Forgiveness, love, acceptance, compassion. Wes.

 

~END~

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Vetesse.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.