Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
471
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,496

Like That's His Real Name

Summary:

Sarah hopes that sweet old man, the records keeper, doesn't get into trouble for helping them. She talks to Joe and Marvin about him.

Red/McHale's Navy crossover.

Work Text:

Sarah stood by the window at Victoria’s house. She hugged her arms across her chest. Joe and Marvin came to stand by either side of her. She sighed. “Is Frank gonna be okay?”

Marvin stood to the side to be sure the curtains hid him from sight. “Yeah.”

Joe put an arm around Sarah’s shoulders. “It was just a scratch. Frank’s had worse,” he said confidently.

Sarah swallowed and nodded. “I guess so.”

Joe gave her a squeeze. “Victoria will patch him up and we’ll be ready to go see Dunning.”

Marvin peered around the curtain and then popped his head back real quick. “And see why someone wants us dead.” He bared his teeth. “That’s gonna be fun. I haven’t gotten to interrogate anyone for a while. I hope I still have the touch.”

Joe chuckled. “I’m sure you do. It’s like riding a bike.”

“That sweet old man isn’t going to get into trouble for helping us?” Sarah asked suddenly. She looked at Joe with wide eyes.

Joe frowned. “Who?”

“The records keeper.”

“Henry?” Joe asked. When Sarah nodded, he grinned. “You don’t have to worry about him.”

Marvin snickered. “Sweet old man.”

Joe joined in. “He’d love that.”

Sarah bit her bottom lip. “But when Frank and I broke in there, he didn’t even bat an eye.”

“He wouldn’t. He’s been around,” Joe said as if that explained everything.

“But--”

Joe shook his head. “Don’t worry. He knows where all the bodies are buried. No one messes with him.”

“Henry,” Marvin scoffed. “Like that’s his real name.”

Sarah stared at Marvin. “What do you mean?”

Joe held a hand up to stop Marvin from answering. “That’s enough of that. That’s the one man we don’t want to cross.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Said man eased down on the couch next to his longtime companion. He laughed and put an arm around the other man. “What a day. You should’ve seen the fireworks today, Lucky.”

Lucky snuggled into his side. “You should’ve called me. The news said there was a fire at the CIA headquarters.”

He laughed again. “Oh, no. It was something more dangerous than a fire.”

“Like what?”

“A RED agent.”

Lucky thought on that a moment. “Retired, extremely dangerous.” He smiled. “Frank Moses.”

He rubbed Lucky’s shoulder. “That’s right. He came to see why the CIA put out a hit on him and some of the others.”

Lucky whistled quietly. “And he got all the way through to see you.”

“Of course.” He chuckled. “They don’t make agents like that anymore. Cooper’s good but nothing near Frank’s class. That kid took quite a beating.”

Lucky laid his head on his shoulder. “Did you help Moses?”

“Yeah,” he answered without hesitation. “It was the right thing to do.”

“Good.”

He pressed his cheek to Lucky’s gray hair. “So, how was school today, Professor Carpenter?”

Lucky sighed. “I’m ready to retire, Quint.”

Quint McHale hugged his Lucky tighter. “You and me both, but let’s wait to see how this thing with Frank plays out. I’m curious.”