Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2012-12-21
Words:
6,837
Chapters:
3/3
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,322

MASTERMIND OF PEACE

Summary:

A plan to save the city from its enemies has been in progress for over fifteen years and finally is ready to be put into action. Who is the mastermind behind it. You'll be shocked to find out. And, no, its not Feral!

Chapter 1: Finalizing the Plan

Chapter Text

As darkness fell over the huge city, a powerful Kat, wearing a long, dark trench coat, stood brooding on a walkway that ran the length of a river that passed through the western part of the city. It was a tourist site, with its beautiful park on one side and aquarium on the opposite side. He stood on the decorative bridge that went over the waterway.

It was a nice evening, cool after the heat of the day with many couples strolling along the grounds some distance from his location, enjoying the ambiance of the area. It was his favorite place when he was troubled, stressed, or needing to do business that couldn't be conducted in his office.

Tonight was such a time. He glanced at his watch and noted it was nearing eight. He studied his surroundings with sharp, intelligent eyes, insuring no one was nearby to see him. He wasn't in the open but near one of the huge metal dragons that decorated the bridge, a bit of whimsy by the artist that designed it, effectively hiding him from view.

Appearing from the shadows of the trees in the park, a tall, lean figure strolled casually along, appearing to be going no where in particular. As he passed the bottom of the bridge he suddenly changed direction and walked quickly onto the wooden planks until he was standing by the other Kat in the shadow of the dragon.

The stranger was a non-descript tom of indeterminate age, with sandy, brown hair and dirt brown colored, short, fur. His eyes were also a simple brown color. To further enhance his rather plain appearance, he wore a dark tweed sweater over black slacks and brown shoes. This person could easily be overlooked in a crowd if he so desired and none would remember meeting him even after being introduced. It was an excellent cover for the type of work he did and especially true under the cover of night.

"Good evening, sir," the stranger murmured softly. "I have some good news for you."

"I could use some after the miserable day I had."

"The last player has been sighted over Sandeval Bay. She is expected to head here around dawn, day after tomorrow."

"Excellent, that is good news. Now what about the rest of the players?"

"Dr. Viper has been located, sorry it took so long, he's truly hidden well in the swamps. The watchers say he looks to be making a move soon...days probably. Dark Kat is indeed in his mountain hideaway, that's been confirmed. Still licking his wounds from the last go around with the city forces. Hard Drive has been moved as per your instructions and his coat destroyed. DK shouldn't be able to find him this time," the brown tom reported briskly, voice low.

The powerful Kat nodded in satisfaction. "Good! They are where we need them to be. Status on our fighting readiness?"

"As of this morning, there are 10,000 Behemoth Tanks, 2,000 specialized, high tech choppers, and a 1,000 Blue Manx jets ready for delivery to the enforcers."

"Weapons?"

"Over 10,000 of each new design, enough to outfit Feral's entire force."

"Feral still in the dark?"

"Yes sir, as near as we can tell, though he's become a bit more canny and observant over the past three years or so."

"No doubt. I'm certain its because he's finally learned to unbend and use what's at paw rather than stick to laws and rules that don't fit the problems we have."

"I'm sure you're right, sir. Also, I suspect the SWAT Kats had a big part in making him much more flexible and/or the addition of his niece to the force."

"Possible, but I don't' care really why he's finally come around, only that he has and will now be an asset rather than a detriment when the plan is executed."

"What about the SWAT Kats?"

"The years have seasoned them well. Razor has invented even more of his unique toys than the ones we've 'lifted' from his destroyed remnants left after battles. They are as prepared as they can be at this point both mentally and physically."

"Did you take care of those final details I gave you?"

"Yes sir. Mad Kat's box is resting at the bottom of the deepest part of the ocean, the scorpions have been eliminated and the toxic lake cleaned up; Dr. Greenbox has been installed in one of our labs to redevelop his inventions but under careful monitoring this time; the weapons scrambler and vertigo cannon have been incorporated as part of the new weapons packet for each enforcer; and Professor's Hackle's giant robot, Cybertron 2 is fully operational and waiting for our hidden agent to activate."

"What about those final two problems...solved yet?"

"Yes sir, one last week and the other just two days ago. The Pastmaster will never be able to breech our time period again and the Metallikats have been deactivated permanently. Their disks were destroyed and there were no copies found."

"So, we're ready for the final push at last. Good, very good! Casualties?"

For the first time since this briefing began, the dark tom was grim. "Ten technicians, four scientists, two magic users, four security, and sixteen special forces units.

The powerful tom grunted but otherwise showed no other sign of emotion. "Have you been able to replace the special units?"

"Only half, sir!"

The powerful tom glanced at him sharply but only said, "Fine, we'll have to make due then and hope its enough," he said, flatly.

"Yes sir."

"Then, I think that completes our preparations. Calico Briggs is ready to take her place even if she doesn't profess she even wants it, and with this last player arriving, we're set to take back the city and bring it permanent peace," he muttered, summing up the situation more to himself than his companion. Directing his next comment to the patiently waiting tom, he said, "Alert all sections to initiate DEFCON 3 immediately."

Nodding acknowledgment, he dark tom gave a brisk, "yes sir," before turning to leave the bridge, then disappearing beneath the darkness of the trees.

The powerful Kat waited a little longer before leaving. It was getting cooler now, time to go home. Soon, all his hard work would be known by all when the plan went into action in just forty-eight hours from now. Of course, the major players on the side of good were going to be extremely angry with him by the underhanded way he'd gone about this but he didn't care.

He'd been aware of the encroaching danger from outside sources that threatened the city at the beginning of his second tenure and was forced to watch as the city became a battle ground for the forces of evil. It pissed him off! So he decided to take rather drastic and ruthless measures to win the city back. The defenders had managed to hold it at bay for years but now it was time to put an end to it completely. This time they would win completely and utterly...he would make sure of it.