Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 3 of Alex Krycek: Torchwood
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,366
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
1,592

Lost & Alone

Summary:

Hurt and suspicious about Jack's relationship with the mysterious Alex, Ianto steps out while Jack is rescuing Alex in the States.

Work Text:

Lost & Alone
by Peja

 

 

Conner Temple left the club on an emotional high. It had been a good night all round, unless you count the fact that he was going home alone. Again.

But this night it wasn't because he'd bombed out. No, tonight he could have taken the hottest body in the place home...If he'd had a death wish.

But he'd seen the luscious Ianto Jones in the club on several occasions. And every time he was the arm decoration of the mysterious American Captain. A little snooping, Conner was good at snooping and his clearances gave him just that added little kick so it was a snap, well, a hacker's snap, to get the American's name. One Jack Harkness.

A little deeper snooping and amazingly he hit a brick wall that went by the name of National Security.  And a planet sized black flag that advised, in Conner's mind, 'Stay away, this man can kill with his eyes.'

But on this night, Conner nearly didn't recognize the man dancing by himself.  Gone was the svelte, arrogant man of the world right off the cover of GQ. In his place was a wanton sex god decked out in a short cut leather vest and pants that matched his skin color, leaving him appearing nude in the flashing lighting of the club.

The man personified the dance of seduction, his eyes closed against the harsh reality of the night. His movements slinky, tortuously slow.  His hands moved over his body as if belonging to his missing lover, promising pleasures of the very gods.

Conner had no idea how long he'd watched the dancer. Time stood still as Ianto wove his spell through Conner's loins.

He only knew one minute he was watching the other man, mesmerized, and the next Ianto Jones was straddling his legs as his arms wrapped around Conner's neck and his mouth dipped down to kidnap Conner's sanity.

"I was watching you watching me." Ianto muttered, his lips gliding to Conner's neck.

"Really? You looked like you were pretty into what you were doing on the dance floor."

Ianto chuckled softly, his fingers brushed over Conner's shirt front, and the buttons seemed to open of their own accord. "I'm good at multi-tasking."

Conner grabbed Ianto's wrist, stopping the public undressing when his hand slipped down to his too tight jeans.  "I don't think this is very wise, do you?"

Ianto's lips curled into a sad, sly smile. "And if I don't want to do the wise thing? Come on, you're a pretty piece. You want me if your laps got anything to say about it. Play with me, stranger. Tonight I want to be abandoned. Reckless." He tilted his head, his glazed glance moving over Conner. "Or am I wrong? Don't you want me?"

Conner snorted, "Damn right I do." He shook his head. "But I know who holds your papers all too well. And I know he won't appreciate poachers.  I sure as hell wouldn't."

Ianto sighed, dropping his forehead against Conner's. "Won't matter. We have ...an open relationship." He shrugged, pushing off Conner's lap. "Ah well...." He smiled, his gaze roaming over Conner's body. "Would have been fun."

And then he was gone, fading into the crowd.

If Conner had had any regrets he comforted himself with the quiet reassurance that the delectable Ianto Jones would have hated himself in the morning.

Conner spent the next hour playing the games of an experienced clubber, dancing with the pretty boys and girls that were willing, sipping drinks he really could have done without and basically numbing his brain to the world at large.

He was more than a little tired when he pushed, just that slight bit tipsy, out the door of the club.

His tiredness evaporated as he made his way down the street. Sucked from him by the soft groans imminating from the dark alley. Groans of pain, not pleasure.  The gasped cry from help cinched it.  After several years of hunting dinos, his survival instincts were honed to a brilliant edge.  

He followed the weak moans.

And discovered a beaten and bloody Ianto Jones curled up on the dirty ground.

The sight froze Connor to the ground for a heartbeat, then he sprinted across the space separating him from Ianto. He went down on one knee, checking the unconscious man's pulse and breathing. Assured, he ran his hands over the battered man, careful not to do more damage.

As he leaned back, Ianto opened his eyes, and startled to the presence above him.

"Take it easy, Jones. You're pretty beat up," Connor instructed, his voice to concerned to be threatening.

"Who...?" Ianto groaned, his gaze unseeing.

"Conner." a nervous giggle escaped Conner's pale lips as he tried to settle Ianto without  doing anymore unintentional damage. "Conner Temple. You hit on me inside."

Ianto gave him a vacant stare.

"You do remember....don't you?"

Ianto stared at him a moment longer, then his gaze warmed through the pain. "Pretty boy."  He managed to gasp. "Won't play with me."

Conner released a short, nervous yet still relieved, chuckle. "You never give up, do you?"

Ianto pushed himself up on one wobbling arm, nearly toppling on his face and only being saved when Conner caught him in his arms. Ianto's smile quivered as he met Conner's gaze. "How you think I got Jack to hire me."

Conner's brow shadowed his eyes. "Jack Harkness, you mean?  He's your boss and your lover?"

"Everybody's lover," Ianto grumbled under his breath, just within Conner's range of hearing. "Fucking nympho."  Ianto tried to push out of Conner's arms, but the other man held on like a leech.

"You need to go to hospital...."

"No." Ianto said too quickly, causing a jolt of fiery pain to lick through his blood. Gasping a breath he repeated, "No. I don't need a doctor."

Conner nodded. "Right. No pain, huh? Listen to me, you look like you've been put through a shredder. You might be bleeding inside."

"No....hospital.  No doctors."  Ianto argued, struggling to free himself. "I'm fine."

Conner let him go, fearing any further restraint might cause even more accidental injury to the bruised and battered man. "At least let me call your ...Harkness. I'd feel better if I knew you weren't alone."

"Jack's gone abroad."

"What..?"

"Another lover called. He is in trouble in The States.  Jack went to pull his ass out of the fire."  Ianto added, his tone bitter...no, disillusioned. The man knew what he was getting when he entered the sexual relationship Jack offered.  Had thought he could deal with the flirtatious nature of his lover.

He just hadn't known how much it would hurt.

"...And more than likely add a little heat of his own special blend to that same ass." Ianto got to his feet, shakily.  He smiled, a smile that never reached his eyes. "I'm all right. Really. And if something develops, I'll call the company doctor. Have him on speed dial."

With that Ianto stuck out a hand to hail a cab that was passing and hobbled over to get inside.

"Ianto," Conner scrambled over to shift Ianto over and settled into the seat next to him.

Ianto arched a curious brow.

Shrugging, Conner flashed a charming smile. "You invited me to come home with you, didn't you?"  He slammed the door saying, "Give the man the address.  It's late and I want to get to bed."

Ianto gave his address then turned back to study Conner. "To bed?"

"Sure, Ianto.  I like a night of cuddling every now and then. I plan on cuddling all night long. Suspect it's the only way to keep you awake, and we have to keep you awake, don't we? In case of a concussion?"

Ianto grinned widely and let Conner slide an arm around him, resting his head on Conner's shoulder. "Right.  In case of a concussion."

End

END NOTE: Seems I've kicked another bout of block at least long enough to get this written. god knows,and if you got this far, you too, how very lame it is. Anyhoo....thanks for reading. I'd love to hear from you...opinion-wise. 

Series this work belongs to: