Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
349
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
909

Jealousy

Summary:

Jimmy thinks about the new intern. Spoilers for the new episode Worst Nightmare.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: "NCIS" and its characters don't belong to me they belong to CBS and are being used without permission. Please don't sue because I have no money.

Jealousy

I walked into autopsy and heard singing. I watched the girl finish and clapped my hands because she was good. I wondered who she was and so I asked. When I found out that she was an intern and had planned on staying I felt jealousy. I am the one that is supposed to be helping Ducky. He is my mentor and the one that I want to be like. I like the way that he works and cares for the dead.

I remember when I first started working for Ducky and I didn't know what to think of how Ducky worked. I always wondered why Ducky talked to the dead, but then I found out. I started to talk to them too. As time went by I wanted to be just like him. I talked to Ducky and loved to hear his stories. Once I even started him on a story when he seemed to forget what he was going to say. I felt so good when he started and felt very happy at what I did.

I didn't want to be left out and so I bugged Team Gibbs. I wanted to help, but I didn't know if I could handle seeing the girl and Ducky talk. They had a connection that I couldn't even get through. I felt like an outsider whenever I was in the autopsy room. I didn't like that feeling at all.

I hoped that she would be gone soon. I know that it's selfish to wish that someone was gone, but I wanted her gone. I liked the fact that it was just I and Ducky in the autopsy room trying to find out why someone had died and it felt good. I wanted to be the one that Ducky talked to and listened to. I really hope that she leaves soon, so I can go back to working with Ducky again.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author anny385.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.