Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
204
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
919

Not The Baby!

Summary:

Earl's baby is growing up.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:


Not The Baby!
by Pirate Turner

 

        Earl gazed down at his little boy. His huge tail swished as he fought to keep tears from welling up into his dark eyes. It was finally happening! His littlest baby was growing up! Charlene and Robbie already considered themselves to be adults, and now Junior would be starting school that very morning. Earl could scarcely believe that time had flown by so quickly. His eyes misted as memories ran through his mind. Then he remembered how his baby had hit him in his head and hollered, "NOT THE MAMA!", and almost lost his desperate fight against his tears completely.

        "Not the baby . . . " Earl whispered, shifting his bulky weight from one foot to his other.

        Junior looked up at his father and jerked his head back. His mouth pursed and then set in an angry line. "Always the baby," he announced, picking up his plate and hitting Earl square in the face with it, "but you not the Mama!"

        Earl smiled and chuckled even as he rubbed his forehead. His tail swished with a little more joy. Junior had indeed said it best: Earl might never be his mother, but Junior would always be his baby!

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.