Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
216
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
843

The Tales of Los Almas: Familial Relations

Summary:

Faith departs from her new friend, Vin Tanner.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:


The Tales of Los Almas: Familial Relations
by Pirate Turner

 

        Vin looked up into the dark eyes of the most unique woman he'd ever known and knew he'd never know another like her. "So where will ya go now?" he asked. "Gonna try t' clear your name?"

        She smirked. "Ain't no clearing it." She glanced over to where his six friends awaited him. "I think maybe I'll go check on my own family now."

        "Ya got one?" Vin asked, surprised.

        Faith grinned. "Every bitch has a family somewhere." She sombered for a moment, and he could tell she was remembering something she'd rather forget. "Or at least us lucky ones do."

        He smiled. "'Bout time I heard ya say ya were lucky 'bout somethin'."

        "Don't start, Tanner." Her warnings had once sounded gruff, but now there was a lightness to them that made Vin's eyes twinkle.

        "Don't make me," he answered and winked.

        They gazed into each other's eyes for a long moment, remembering and speaking volumes in the companionable silence, before nodding respectfully to each other. "Be seein' ya," Faith murmured before edging her stallion into a gallop.

        "Yeah," Vin whispered, watching her ride away before turning back to his family. He knew he'd see her again and wished her all the best.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.