Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2010-08-30
Words:
19,059
Chapters:
17/17
Kudos:
22
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
5,460

The Adventures of Christi ReidMorgan and Jack Hotchner

Summary:

Co-authored with Crimefan03. Jack Hotchner and Christi
Reid-Morgan on college, life, love and family and the danger being kids of FBI agents poses. Morgan/Reid, H/P. R/R! Slash, don't like it? Don't read it! Only own the Reid-Morgan kids. R/R!

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

“I can’t believe you’re starting college tomorrow,” Spencer said as he and Morgan helped their daughter Christina move into her dorm.

“I know, it seems just like yesterday we were rocking you to sleep,” Morgan commented.

“Dad,” Chris sighed dramatically.

“Sorry,” Derek apologized.  Placing the last book on the shelf the 18-year-old turned to survey the room.

“Looks good,” Hotch complimented as he, Emily, and Jack stood in the doorway.

“Thanks, Uncle Aaron,” the teen replied.

“I’m all moved in, you need help?” Jack asked walking over and kissing her sweetly.

“Nope, but maybe we can go look around the campus some?” Christi suggested.  Jack nodded in agreement.  Taking the hint, the four parents hugged their respective kids before leaving. 

“It looks like a really nice campus,” Jack commented as they arrived back at the dorm they were both living in.

“MMM-hmm, well I guess we should call it a night since we start classes tomorrow,” Christi added.

“Yeah, but can I have a goodnight kiss first?” her boyfriend requested.

“I thought you’d never ask,” Christi whispered just before leaning in and kissing him.

The first week of freshman year at The College of Southern Maryland was going good for both Jack and Christi.  It was now 10:00 AM on Friday and the couple were in the only class they had together, English comp 1.  The class of about 35 students was listening to the professor drone on and on about the requirements for their first paper.

“It’s too early,” Christi scribbled on a note to Jack.

“Yeah I know, and he’s soooo boring,” he wrote back.  The young woman bit her lip to keep from laughing.  Just then the professor was interrupted by a knock on the door.  Walking over to it he opened it to reveal a sandy blonde-haired boy carrying a backpack.  His piercing gaze swept the room and seemed to zero in on Jack and Christi.  A  shiver ran down her spine.  There was something off about him.  She just wasn’t sure what.

“Can I help you?” the professor asked.

“I’m looking for English 220, Early American Lit,” the boy explained.

“You have the wrong classroom.  This is 121, English 111, you want 126.”

“No, actually, I want this class,” he snarled reaching into the backpack and removing a gun which he shoved in the professor’s face.

“Everyone against the wall, now!” the student brandishing the gun ordered.  Quickly everyone scrambled to comply.  One student was too frightened to move.

“I said move!” he shouted firing off a shot just above her head.  Screaming in fear she jumped from her seat and hurried to the wall falling to her knees once she reached it.  Having reached the wall beside his desk, the teacher pressed the panic button that all the classrooms had been equipped with ever since 9/11.  He knew it would alert the police to a problem.  Quickly he pressed the code for hostage situation thankful he could do it without looking at the buttons.  His eyes were fixed on the hostage taker.  Some of the students were crying and clinging to each other.

“I want silence,” he yelled shooting at two girls who were crying hitting them both squarely in the chest killing them instantly.  Everyone was wondering what exactly this guy wanted.  As if he was reading their minds he spoke.

“You two, front and center,” he growled glaring at Jack and Christi who were huddled in the corner.  The two Virginia natives wanted to refuse, but they realized that they didn’t have any choice.  He had the gun, which meant he had the control.  Slowly they moved until they were in the center of the room.

“W-w-what do you want?” Christi stammered forgetting briefly about the hostage takers demand for silence.

“Your parents killed my sister.  Now it’s time for them to know how it feels to lose someone,” he explained as he raised the gun and squeezed the trigger.  Jack tried to jump in front of the bullet, but didn’t move quite fast enough and it tore into Christi’s stomach.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!” she cried out.

“Chris, oh god, Chris,” Jack exclaimed tears in his eyes as he reached out trying to stop the blood coming from his girlfriends stomach.  He couldn’t believe this was happening.  To them.  The day had started out so well, he had no idea when he walked into his English class this morning that he’d be kneeling on the floor trying to stop his girlfriend from bleeding to death.

JJ was sitting in her office trying to figure out where to begin on the files littering her desk when her phone rang.

“Jareau,” she answered it.

“Agent Jareau, this is Section Chief Strauss,” greeted the voice on the other end.  The media liaison gritted her teeth.  Dealing with Erin Strauss wasn’t her idea of a good start to the day.

“Good morning, ma’am, what can I do for you?”

“I have a case for the BAU, and it’s in the Virginia area,” Strauss explained.

“Okay, but why are you calling me?  Don’t you usually notify Agent Hotchner directly when you have a case?”  JJ asked perplexed.  A heavy sigh met her ears.

“Well, normally, I would.  But, this case is rather sensitive, and I thought it best for you to be briefed first and to let you know that I think it’s best if Agent Rossi leads this case,” Strauss said.  JJ was about to protest that Hotch was quite capable of running the case, but something in the other woman’s voice stopped her.

“What’s the case?” JJ asked instead.

“There’s a hostage situation at the College of Southern Maryland,” Strauss answered.  JJ felt her blood run cold.  Jack Hotchner and Christi Morgan’s school.

“Any idea where on campus and the number of hostages?”

“Striker Hall, and the number is unclear.  Go brief your team, and Agent Jareau?”

“Yes?”

“Keep me informed.”  XXXX

Hanging up, JJ placed her head in her hands.  She said a quick prayer that everyone on campus was safe especially her goddaughter and Jack.  Picking up her phone she dialed Rossi.

“Rossi,” answered the senior agent.

“Rossi, it’s JJ.  We have a case.

“Okay, I’ll gather the team.  Meet in the conference room in five minutes?”

“No, come to my office then we’ll get the team,” she answered.  Rossi agreed and made his way to the media liaison’s office.  Once he was sitting in the chair in front of her desk she filled him on what little Strauss had told her.  Five minutes later they were walking through the bullpen calling the team to the conference as they went.  The other agents followed JJ and Rossi, with no clue that their world was about to be turned completely upside-down.