Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
356
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
969

In The Woods

Summary:

"Blair crept slowly around the copse, trying to watch every direction at once."

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

In The Woods (PG)
by romankate

 

 

 

Blair crept slowly around the copse, trying to watch every direction at once. The woods were a strange mixture of silence and sound--rustles where Blair could see nothing, and the calls of strange birds that stilled as soon as he tried to identify them.

It was unsettling.

Blair swallowed hard, wishing he had a weapon. He'd often thought hiself at one with nature, but right now...the woods felt anything but natural. It felt decidedly menacing, in fact, filled with a pure distilled hostility as though the very air was against him.

Which perhaps it was.

He wasn't sure exactly what waited for him in the green depths. Trembling with a mixture of nerves and adrenaline, Blair slipped as quietly as he was able between the trees.

There was a flash of sleek black at the corner of his vision, and the woods fell silent. Blair spun, staring about him, but whatever he'd seen had disappeared.

The only warning he got was a low feral growl, directly behind him. Blair had no time to turn, no time to react, before he was knocked flat. Everything went black.

*

"Sandburg! Blair!"

Blair moved his head muzzily. What the hell was so important that Jim must needs wake him up from a nap? "Whaddaya want?"

"Sandburg, are you okay?"

Blair got his eyes open this time, and found Jim hovering anxiously above him. His bed felt harder than usual, and damp, and--Blair closed his eyes with a groan. He wasn't in bed.

"Jim Ellison, this is the very last time I play hide and seek with you."

"Oh, come on, Chief." Jim slid a hand inside Blair's shirt, bringing it to rest just over his heart. "It's such a good test of my senses, after all."

Blair arched despite himself as Jim pinched his nipple. "You don't fight fair," he groused. "And anyway, I keep telling you, the panther doesn't get to play."

"I'll talk to him about it," Jim said equably, leaning down to kiss Blair full on the mouth. "Just as long as I still get to play..."

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author romankate.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.