Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2010-07-31
Words:
5,159
Chapters:
6/6
Comments:
4
Kudos:
23
Hits:
3,046

A turn for the better on a twisty suburb.

Summary:

Tender romance has moved into woodcrest, and it has made a turn for the better... or has it? Follow this this spiraling and bendy tale around Timid Deer lane and prepare to be shocked, overjoyed, dissapointed, then zip around the next corner do it again! PLEASE NOTE: My partner in writer's crime has RILEY'S side of the story. THE ONE YOU ARE BOUT TO READ IS ACCORDING TO HUEY AND HIS LOVER'S SIDES. ENJOY!!!! TO visit Riley's side, here is the link. http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/viewstory.php?sid=47810

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Hope you enjoy! Many more chapters to come! Also available on LiveJournal on loivissae's page.

Chapter Text

Red- Jen

Green- Huey

Blue- Jenn's Father

Aqua - Riley

 

Jenn stepped out of her father's Mountanier and stretched her legs. They had been in the car for 13 hours straight. The sudden blood rushing back to her legs suddenly made Jenn dizzy, so she stumbled over and sat down on their new front steps. The movers brushed passed her, carrying heavy totes marked with crude chicken scratch of labels scribbled on them. Her father stepped out of the car and went into the new house to take a nap after so long driving. He rustled her hair as he passed her. "Why don't you go take a walk and observe the new neighbors? Maybe even step out of your tight little comfort zone and talk to some of them?" 
     She nodded and walked over to the sidewalk. She carefully examined each house in her view, all the decorations, the children playing ball in the driveways, and the occaisonal husband cooking burgers and a wife watering their flowerbeds. Jenn sighed and started walking on the sidewalk to her left. She passed a couple small, white houses with empty lawns. Probably homes that belonged to seniors that just plain hated people. She used to have plenty of them back in new york. They used to live on the floors above and below them. And whenever they had their "Clap-on-clap-off" Televison set on the seniors above them would tap their canes on the roof and turn it off... 
     Jen passed about three blocks before she came to a house with the curtains drawn, but in one there was a small pair of binoculars that dissapeared behind the curtains when she looked at them. Automatically, she felt cold shock pour down into her cheeks, then down through her shoulders down to her fingertips, then down into her stomach and froze. Her stomach was a block of ice, and she foundherself frozen staring at the window. The door attempted to open. Well, the four hotel locks stopped it. She heard a sigh, and the door shut followed by a series of clicks and snaps. She door once again opened, this time all the way. A boy about her age, about a foot and a half taller than her (Also measuring his thick afro that billowed up about a foot above his hairline.) with dark-caramel colored skin emerged. He walked up to Jenn, and scanned her up and down with maroon colored eyes. They were big, and if they ever were made into a puppy face they would convince anyone do do anything he wanted them to. 
     "Are you a terrorist, murderer, or in any way planning to somehow bring Huey Freeman, the child revolutionary, to his demise?" Asked the boy. "Erm, no? I'm just a girl that moved into the house a couple blocks down? Who's Huey Freeman?" Asked Jenn, not being able to shake herself from the boy's intoxicating eyes, which were molded into a serious, interrogating look. "I am. I've been watching you ever since I saw the U-Haul. Not to be creepy, or anything." Said Huey. His eyes somewhat softened. He offered his hand to Jenn. She shook it, and when she did, a swarm of butterflies melted the ice in her stomach, which now felt like water. Water felt much worse than ice, it was strange and nerving.
    Jenn heard her named being called far down the road. She yelled back "Coming!!!" She started to take off down the sidewalk, but turned back to her new fascination. "I'm Jennifer by the way! Call me Jenn though!" Jenn dashed off back to her house, smiling. This would be interesting.
     "Who's your new friend?" asked Jenn's father that night while they were watching the nightly news. "I think his name was... um.... I know what it is I just can't think of it right now.... It was something like Hank. Hank Fletcher, I think." Jenn got up out of her favorite recliner and put down her knitting. She seemed like an old lady at only the ripe age of thirteen. She heard some music and boys hollering outside. She looked out the window and saw a small group of gangsters out on the other side of the street. There was about five masked men out there, and one strangely short one that were spraypainting a garage door. She wondered if the short one was a midget... SHe doubted it. SHe didn't know much about gangs, but she knew that gangs were picky about their members. Then why was that small one out there? The smallest one seemed to see her looking out the window at her. He grabbed the attention of the other gangsters. They began to laugh and swear at Jenn, while the shortest one flipped Jenn off. Jenn gasped and was about to pull the curtains shut when the short one pulled of his mask. SHe gasped. She saw the same big, brown eyes, that she had seen earlier today. But it couldn't be H...Hank FLetcher... or whatever his name was... because he didn't have an afro.
     Suddenly there where red and blue lights flashing in a distance, and Jenn heard a siren. The gangsters took off, and somehow lost them by ducking in an alley. They probably knew every nook and cranny in this neighborhood... "Whatcha looking at, Jenn?" Asked Jenn's father. "Uh, nothing. Just... um... fireflies. Yeah, there's lot's of them. I'll go and catch some for us." Jenn grabbed a jar, pulled on her coat and headed out the door. She wasn't headed for fireflies. She was headed for those brown eyes.
     Jenn shoved the jar into her coat and started walking towards the place where the gangsters had ditched the police. She peered around the corner of the alley and saw them switching guns around with each other. SHe was carefully watching them when she leaned a little too far over, and the jar fell out of her jacket and broke against the hard cement. Jenn quickly sucked in her breath and flattened herself agaisnt the wall. The gang ran out to examine the broken jar. Jenn's heart thundered. She adjusted her foot and accidentally punctured her foot on a piece of glass that went through her shoe. She let out a shrill whimper, then covered her mouth. Her eyes were so wide that she thought she couldn't widen them any further. 
     The gangsters loaded their guns and saw Jenn. She looked at the short one's big brown eyes with terror. Damn it, Jenn! This is how you get raped and killed! How could you have been so stupid! "Hehehe! Well What do we have here, lil white gurl? " said the shortest one, he had a shrill voice, and looked about eight. He was just a little boy for pete's sakes! One of the thugs grasped Jenn by the neck and pushed her up agaisnt the wall. "Looks like a little snitch bitch, don't it?" The short one laughed. "Let's show her just what we do do snitch bitchess.." Chuckled the short one. The thug holding Jenn laughed. Jenn began to squirm and whimper. "Let Me go! I swear I wasn't snitching! Please let me go!" Tears began to roll down Jenn's cheeks. 
     Suddenly the boy with the afro and the brown eyes appeared behind the thugs. He signaled to Jenn to be silent. He pulled out a pair of nunchucks and within a minute he had knocked out all the thugs except for the short one, which he held his throat with his nunchucks. "Riley. Show some hospitality. If I find you in the streets at night again Imma kill you and you know I will." Said Huey, ever so calmly. Riley began to struggle. Huey let go of the nunchucks, grabbed the ends of RIley's cornrows wirth one hand, and with the other he tapped a certain nerve on his neck, which made Riley pass out. Huey calmly let him slide to the ground. 
     "What are you doing out here, Jenn? This is a dangerous place to be out at night. I won't always be here to protect you, you know. Once you get to know Riley, his crew won't bother you. But there are plenty of other dangers. He's my brother, by the way." Once Huey metioned protecting Jenn, emotions flew around in her stomach, and she blushed. Luckily, Huey couldn't see in this dim light. "I'll be sure to be more careful next time." "Your foot is bleeding, here, I'll bandage it up. I insist." Said Huey, kneeling down to Jenn's bare feet. He ripped his shirt and tied it to Jen's foot. She began to protest, but he shook his head and said "It's fine."
     The two began to walk towards Jenn's house. "Do you want to grab a Coffee tomorrow? If you're not busy?" Asked Huey. His expression softened. "Well, I have a little moving in to do. But after that, sure." Jenn's insides were alive with electric emotions. They arrived at Jenn's house. They departed, and waved to each other. Jenn couldn't wait until she was done moving in tommorrow. 
     "Where's the jar?" asked Jenn's father. "I accidentally dropped it. But I cleaned it up. I'm going to bed. Goodnight."
     That night, Jenn dreamed about those maroon eyes. then her dreams turned into a nightmare when the thugs attacked her in her dreams. The brown eyes turned evil, and Huey turned to RIley, who was chuckling evilly as the thugs beat her up. SHe woke up in a cold sweat, but fell back asleep, and did not dream for the rest of that night.