Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
528
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
19
Hits:
1,379

Jealousy

Summary:

Post-Ripped. George and Elliot have some problems. Spoilers for Ripped.

Work Text:

Disclaimer: don't own. Want proof? Huang isn't the center of every episode. Obviously I don't own SVU.

"Elliot, why don't you trust me?"

Elliot looked up with a sigh. He had seen this coming for a while, but it was still tough seeing the hurt in the man's eyes. Elliot had gotten overwhelmed and decided to talk to a shrink willingly- a first- and he had chosen to talk to Doctor Rebecca Hendricks instead of his perfectly-capable shrink of a lover. He thought George might get upset if he found out, but nothing like this.

"I trust you, doc. I just…"

"Just what? I was twenty feet away and you drove an hour away to talk to her instead of turning around. I thought…" He let the words trail. Finally he whispered "I thought you meant it when you said you loved me."

"George." Elliot tried to explain. How could he get the man to understand?

"George, I couldn't tell you. I couldn't." Why was it so difficult to put into words? George tried to get him to keep talking, to explain himself.

"Couldn't what? Couldn't let me in your life? I have news for you Elliot, love is more than just sharing a bed. I let you in whenever I have issues, could you at least return the favor? Do you have any idea what it feels like to know that your lover would rather talk to someone who lives an hour away, than you?" Elliot blinked. He knew George would be upset but he had no idea it would be this bad.

"Elliot, please. I don't even know what you talked to Hendricks about; she just told me that you were upset. Can you please tell me what it is?"

Elliot looked at the ground. This was the moment of truth- he could ruin everything if he made a false step. He swallowed.

"Ok, but first, you have to know that when I was with Kathy, she never let me talk about my issues much. I'm not used to being with someone who will listen, let alone someone who wants to listen. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to be burdened." George sucked in his breath. "You're not a burden at all Elliot."

"Thanks. So, you wanted to hear what happened. Here goes." Elliot told George about the abuse he'd suffered when he was younger, about his mother's bipolar disorder, everything. George felt his eyes growing misty. When Elliot was done, George pulled him into an embrace and whispered into his ear. "Elliot, it will be ok. No one's going to hurt you again." Elliot started to cry and pulled the small man closer. "I know."

Elliot uttered those all-important three words, and could hardly believe when he heard them back. It was new to him, all of it.

George knew those three words were good for Elliot to hear, and they were just as important for him to hear. Elliot would need a lot of help, but for now he was content to relinquish "shrink mode" and lean back as Elliot undressed him. He trusted Elliot, after all.