Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
558
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
20
Hits:
1,294

Opposites attract

Summary:

Post-Execution, Elliot has a confession to make. Spoilers for Execution.

Work Text:

Disclaimer: don't own

"George. George, wake up." Elliot was getting impatient. He had been waiting to talk to George since Brodus had attacked him. He had so much to say... and despite what the doctors said, he wouldn't believe George was ok until he looked into those almond-colored eyes.

Finally George opened his eyes.

"George, you're in the hospital. Do you remember what happened?" It took him a couple tries, but finally George replied.

"No. The last thing I remember is talking to you about what to look for while interviewing Brodus." Elliot nodded.

"He attacked you. He threw the table at me, then he..." Elliot faltered. He doubted those moments would stop replaying in his head, and they filled him with emotion. Fear, worry, and anger. "He bashed your head against the wall and tried to strangle you." He felt ashamed that the voice was barely more than a whisper, but it was all he could do not to cry. And it would be a cold day in hell before he would let himself do that. "Then I got him off you and you slid down the wall, and I tried to stop him but he wrestled me to the ground. Finally the guards got him. He's on a ventilator."

"So he managed to stop his execution. I was worried about that. But, what's wrong Elliot? This is really bothering you, and this is hardly the time you or me for that matter have been attacked by a criminal, forget a psychopath like Brodus." Elliot froze. The doc would have been right. But seeing George like that had made him realize something. It made him realize that he was in love with George Huang.

"George, this was different. I..." He felt a moment of fear. But he couldn't keep it in forever. Elliot always tried to hide his emotions and he rarely succeeded. "I'm in love with you." He managed to say. George looked stunned. It was interesting to see the psychiatrist without a professional mask on. It would be nice to see other feelings on the doc's face.

"Elliot, where did that come from? From the moment I set foot in the 1-6, you've acted like I'm your enemy and it wasn't the kind of anger that masked things, it was genuine."

"George, I was mad because I'm not a fan of psychology. But you, I'd like to know you outside of work." George's face changed, and Elliot could tell a big confession was coming. It was time to get everything in the open.

"I've had feelings for you for a while, but I never would have acted on them. It's psychology 101, don't act on unprofessional thoughts, ever."

Elliot parsed his statement for a while before asking, "Will you act on the unprofessional feelings you have for me, now that you know that I have them back?" George nodded slowly and Elliot felt bad when he saw that George's head still hurt. Acting on impulse, he walked up and kissed him.

It wasn't the first kiss to come about as a result of a life-threatening event. It wasn't the first kiss to happen between two men.

But it was the first kiss between Elliot Stabler and George Huang, and that was more than enough to satisfy them both.