Actions

Work Header

Breathless Treasure

Summary:

After Bella’s eighteenth birthday party when Jasper tried to attack her, the Cullen family left her at her most weakest. Soon after they left, Bella found out that she was pregnant with Edward’s child, and the only people that she could trust was Angela Webber and Ben Cheney. It’s been about ten years. What happens when the Cullen family returns to Washington, finding out that?

Work Text:

BPOV

Ten years had passed for me since I had seen the Cullen family, mainly Edward. About a week after they left, I had found out the most wonderful news. I was pregnant with his child, and if it wasn’t for Angela and Ben, I would have died. The three of us had become best friends, especially after Ben got turned into a vampire one night when a vampire attacked him. If it wasn’t for the Denali clan, Angela and Ben would be dead.

When Ben had turned into a vampire, he was going to turn Angela into a vampire with Tanya’s assistance, but we then found out that Angela was pregnant. I had never seen an expectant father before, but when Ben found out that he was going to be a father, he was so ecstatic and nervous because they had created this child when he was a vampire. Angela was pregnant for a month when Landon Jacob Cheney made his way into the world when he bit his way through her stomach. Because of the loss of blood, Ben had to change Angela.

That was a year after Renesmee was born, though. You see, I never ever missed my period. Even when I was stressed out about everything going on in my life, I never once missed it. Angela was the one that said I didn’t look well and that looked more pale than usual. Sure, I lost my appetite, but I really didn’t think that anything was wrong with me. So, when I started to show, I knew that I had to leave. That was when Angela and Ben decided to help me. Since I was growing so fast, they knew that something wasn’t right.

At this point, we didn’t know what we were going to do, but Ben graduated early. Then, a miracle happened when Ben’s grandfather died, and left him a huge trust fund. Immediately, we left when it was Winter break. Since we were all eighteen and legal, our parents couldn’t really stop us since it was our senior year in high school. We only had five months later and we decided to enroll in getting our high school diploma through Penn Foster High School.

I never thought that a month being pregnant would go so quickly. When the kicks got to be too much where there was some pretty bad bruises along my stomach, I had to turn to packages of blood that Ben and Angela would get from blood banks. It was the only way that I would have survived this pregnancy because I know I would have died.

Now, just like Landon, Renesmee bit her way through my stomach, and because I was on morphine that we had stolen from the hospital, it wasn’t as painful. I really thought I was going to die but then Tanya came to my rescue. I never liked her because she had made it so obvious that she was attracted to Edward. At that moment, Tanya Denali changed me, and for that, I was so grateful because of that.

Kate, Garrett, Eleazar, Carmen, Ben, and Angela watched Renesmee for the three days while I went through my change. Tanya left my side, holding my hand the whole time. There were hours when the pain was unbearable, especially with the burning that went through my entire system. I felt like I was in melting lava that was rolling down my skin.

When I awoken from my slumber of three days, everything was so bright, and my senses were so strong – more than ever, if that was even possible. I could hear everything. I could hear the way that Ben and Angela’s blood in their system was calling to me but they were my best friends. So, Tanya and me went out the window where she helped me hunt. It was really easy and natural. I took down three bucks to sedate my hunger for a few hours.

Tanya and I came back and I was reunited with my beautiful, baby girl. At this point, I didn’t know what I was going to name her, but then I thought about the name Renesmee. Edward had suggested it one time and I had honestly thought it was the most beautiful name ever.

“My beautiful Renesmee,” I smiled to myself, as Angela placed my little girl in my arms, and I looked around.

“What does that name mean? Why did you choose that name, Bella?”

As I heard Ben’s question, I smiled at him before looking down at my little girl that was wrapped up in one of Ben’s shirts since we hadn’t gone shopping yet.

“It’s a combination of my mother’s name, along with Edward’s mother. Renee and Esme make the most beautiful name and Edward had suggested it. We may not be together but she deserves a part of him. I am going to name her Renesmee Carlie Cullen.”

It had been ten years since I had my little girl and she was the smartest, little girl ever. Everyone was truly amazed by her beauty. Kate, Carmen, and Tanya had invited Ben, Angela, Landon, Renesmee, and me to stay with them. I wished so badly that Edward and his family could come back because I wanted my little girl to meet her father. Every girl should have a father even if the parents didn’t like each other.

Renesmee had grown up into a beautiful, young lady. I was so proud of her too. I would try my best to get her anything she wanted but she didn’t get everything she wanted because I didn’t want her to be some spoiled girl. When Landon and Renesmee were six years old when they looked about to be fourteen to sixteen years old, that’s when the two started to feel something for each other, but Renesmee didn’t want to ruin the friendship the two of them had.

“Mom,” Renesmee sighed, as she looked at me with teary eyes, and she frowned. “I like him… a lot. I really do but he’s my best friend. I couldn’t bear losing Landon if we break up.”

“Oh, honey… I don’t know what to tell you, but what if he is the guy that you are meant to be with?” I asked Renesmee, giving her a small smile, running my fingers through her long, dark hair. “I mean, you two are really close, and Landon’s a really good guy.”

“You are just saying that because you’ve known him since he was a baby,” Renesmee said with a shake of her head, as I just laughed.

It was the truth but I never told her that. I knew that one day that Angela’s son and my daughter would eventually wind up together. They were good kids. I loved it that Landon never once tried to make her do something that she never wanted to do.

Now, we were at a completely different place years later. The Denali clan went back to their home after helping us getting settled in our home that was big enough for two families of big sizes. We were in Seattle, Washington. Angela, Ben, and I just didn’t want to live Washington because we would every now and then go and see our family. We had all enrolled in Roosevelt High School, home of the roughriders.

“Now… remember, this is the second time we’re doing this, sweetheart. I’m your sister,” I told Renesmee, as I stood next to Angela, and I smiled. “And Angela and Ben are your cousins.”

Renesmee rolled her eyes, as Landon grabbed her arm, pulling her with him. I had made sure that they had the same exact classes because that was the only thing these two ever liked.

“I swear… when are they going to just be together?” Angela frowned, as she grabbed Ben’s hand, and she turned to look at me once again. “It’s so obvious.”

Ben just laughed, shaking his head, and he looked in between Angela and myself. “You two are hopeless. What if they just want to stay friends? Not every girl and guy that are friends have to be together.”

Both Angela and myself rolled our eyes, watching Landon and Renesmee disappear down into a classroom.

“You know nothing,” Angela said with a shake of her head, walking down the hall, and she stared at me, while the three of us walked down the hallway towards our class. “Have you not been noticing the clues?”

“What clues?” Ben asked with a scoff, as he looked from his girlfriend, and then to me with a shrug. “I’m a guy. I don’t really notice these things.”

“Don’t you see they look at each other? Landon always holds her hand or even pulls her chair out when they go out to eat. Hell, he even goes shopping, Ben. Landon’s in love with Bella’s daughter,” Angela said with a smile on her face, as she stopped in front of a classroom, and she turned towards me. “Enjoy Biology, Bella.”

I still had five minutes until class began where if you weren’t in class, you were late. I rounded the corner and that’s when I saw them. No… this just couldn’t be happening to me. I pulled my hoody up after I was sure they didn’t see me and I dodged down the hall to my Biology class. They were here in Seattle. The Cullen’s were here at Roosevelt High School. For me, this just wasn’t good.