Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
685
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
20
Hits:
1,433

Merry Christmas... From Containment Cell C

Summary:

Logan and Kurt are locked in a cell on Christmas under the Island of Genosha. But Kurt still has a present for Logan.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

Christmas.

Didn't mean much to Logan. Never had.

He didn't even remember a happy Christmas besides those spent at the mansion with the X-men. Charles had always known how to make him feel welcome. Like family. He had taught him that instead of being bitter and angry for what he didn't have he should be grateful for what he did. It had changed his outlook on things considerably. But some of those old feelings occasionally lingered.

If there was one thing Logan was grateful for it was that he was locked in a cell with Kurt right now and not someone else. Especially not one of the kids. That would have been not only unbearable but incredibly awkward. How do you console a kid, even a reasonably mature one, that their Christmas was going to be spent locked in a containment cell and that they were probably facing a horrendous death, torture, or a life locked behind bars. Possibly and more likely all three.

But Kurt was an X-man. An experienced one at that. He knew the shit they were in. And he knew how to deal. For that Logan was grateful.

“I heard zem talking.” Kurt said quietly.

“Oh yeah?” Logan asked, not bothering to look up, eyes closed, head resting on the wall behind him.

Kurt nodded, “They say... They are going to make a pet out of you. Magneto wants to make you his dog.”

Logan snorted, “Probably can do it.”

“What?” Kurt asked, gaping at him.

Logan met his eyes steadily, “You know what happens to me when I'm mentally overloaded. My feral side takes over.”

“Yes but –”

“You've seen me like that.”

“Yes.” Kurt interrupted him, “And I've also seen that you do not simply kneel at someone's feet like a dog. Even Xavier who cared for you in such a state had to gain your trust each and every time. Painstakingly I heard.”

“I wouldn't know.” Logan murmured, “Never remember bein' like that thank God.”

“You don't?” Kurt asked, “I... always wondered.”

Logan shook his head, “Don't remember a thing. Last time I was in that state all I remembered was how I got there. You were there. One minute my brain was bein' fried by some high powered voltage ray and the next thing I know Xavier's spoon feeding me pudding.”

Kurt smiled but it was a slightly pained one. He knew Logan didn't like that feral state he reverted to, “Yes well at least you did not come out of that state while I was feeding you carrots.”

Logan made a face and gaped over at him, “You fed me what?”

“Well it was more me putting a piece of carrot in your mouth and you spitting it out. And me... putting a carrot in your mouth and you spitting it out.” Kurt frowned.

“Yeah you think you would'a got the point after the first five or six times.”

Kurt smiled over at him and a moment of silence descended in the cold, dank cell underneath the lush and very fooling island of Genosha.

“Logan?”

“Mm?”

“We're going to be down here for a very long time... aren't we?”

“Probably. Well Magneto's probably going to try and take a couple goes at me. See what happens.”

“That doesn't concern you?”

“Darlin'... the only concern on my mind is getting us out of here.”

“You regret being in here for Christmas?”

Logan drew in a deep breath and smiled, “You kiddin'? I regret bein' in a cell any day. This day ain't any more special.”

“Then... we might as well tell each other what we gave people for presents.”

“Save what you got me elf. We're still gettin' out of here.”

“There is something I would like to give you now. In case this may be the only chance I have.”

“Give me?” Logan asked, looking over at him curiously.

Kurt gracefully rose to his feet and walked over to Logan's adamantium shackled hands, picking up a heavily manacled wrist and placing Logan's hand to his stomach, tail flicking anxiously behind him as he smiled, “Merry Christmas.”


~END~


Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Vetesse.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.