Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
166
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
13
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,555

last call

Summary:

In trouble again

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

last call
by tigriswolf

“Hey, Boss.” He sounds upbeat, over-the-top. But underneath, he’s desperate. “So, uh, I know you don’t check your voicemail, but I hope you’ll give your cell to Abby. I just…” He sighs and cuts off a little gasp. “I wanted to tell you goodbye. I wish you’d answered your phone. I mean, even if you had—” He pauses. “You’d have never got here in time, Boss, so don’t think that. It’s my fault, anyway.” He coughs for a moment, and it sounds painful. “I should’ve been smarter and faster. Better. I walked into it, Boss. Like a rookie, a probie. Man, it was fuckin’ stupid. Gotta say, I deserve this. Sorry I let you down. Again.” Silence, except for labored breathing, and then he mutters, “Fuck, it’s cold.” He coughs again, wet and broken. “Boss, just want you to know… workin’ for you… best thing I ever did.” He doesn’t say anything else, just gasps for breath until he can’t anymore. 

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author tigriswolf.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.