Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
233
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
1,357

A foretaste of heaven

Summary:

The kid cases are the worst. Whatever punishment the perp gets, it never seems to be enough.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:


a foretaste of heaven
by tigriswolf

 

The kid cases are the worst. Whatever punishment the perp gets, it never seems to be enough.

An ex-marine kidnaps two kids because their mother turned him down, and there is almost no way the case will end well. Tony’s glad when NCIS shows up because maybe he’ll get reassigned—except, nope, the chief loans him out, so Tony has to play nice while he wants to go on a rampage because… well, a lot of reasons.

Gibbs, the NCIS agent, is an utter bastard and he smirks when Tony’s a smartass right back, which is such a relief. Tony doesn’t censor himself for the whole case, and the kids are found three days after they get taken. The boy, all of seven years old, is dead. The little girl, four and tiny, has a broken arm and blood-stained teddy bear.

Tony’s hands are white around his gun as Gibbs throws the ex-marine into a wall. Gibbs hands the fucker off to Tony and gently gathers the girl up. Her teddy bear falls to the floor, but is kept as evidence.

The kidnapping murderer pleads insanity and that’s Tony’s last case a cop.

A blood-stained teddy bear vanishes from Baltimore, Tony moves to DC, and the kid cases never get easier. He keeps that bear in his closet, wrapped in a dirty cloth, as a reminder.

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author tigriswolf.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.