Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
269
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,252

Important

Summary:

Dean finds out what's important to Cas - 5x18 mini-coda

Work Text:

 

~~~~~~~~~

Dean was sitting at Bobby's kitchen table eating a sandwich when Cas had materialized hours after he banished himself and the angels guarding Adam away to God knew where. "Cas, you're okay," Dean said softly. He had never been so glad to see his angel.

"That is debatable," the angel intoned, voice like a gravel road.

"Dude, you're here," Dean's eyes were alight with relief, even if his words sounded subdued.

Castiel inclined his head, "Where else would I go?"

"Cas..." Dean sighed and shook his head, realizing just how badly he'd screwed up and just how much worse it could've been. "I'm sorry."

The angel was silent, studying the floor the way he would normally study Dean.

The silence was unbearable, he wished Cas would do something, say something- get mad at him, yell, anything. Just not this silence.
Finally in desperation, Dean reminded Cas, "You should fix those," gesturing at his torn clothes.

"It did not seem important," the angel responded, quietly. He hadn't expected to find Dean here. "You were lost, my part in this war was done."

Dean stepped into Castiel's personal space, "I was an idiot."

Cas finally looked at Dean, and the mortal's breath caught. Those intense hard blue eyes glistened with pain and sadness.

He took the angel's face in his hands, locking their eyes admitting things he'd kept hidden for months. When the sadness in the angel's eyes turned to understanding, he asked, "Is it important now?"

His answer came in the form of a deep, powerful kiss.